Chapter 36: Let It Go 🦄

The door bell rang. Neha was sitting in her own room, flipping some pages of the magazine which was laying on the center table a few minutes ago. After a while she heard some chaos, it was like a lots of people were talking in the downstairs. So she pushed herself up from the chair then came out from her room.
She saw Upasana's relatives came. She walked to the downstairs.

"How are you Beta?", Asked Upasana's mom.

"I'm good mom!", A big smile was there on her face, "But suddenly you all are here, what happened?"

"You forgot na, I knew it.", Her younger cousin brother said.

"But how can we forget!", One of her aunt said.

"It's your birthday tomorrow Upa.", Her mother smiled.

"Oh, I really forgot.", Upasana admitted.

"It's your last birthday before your marriage so we all wanted its to be very very special.", Her mother uttered.

"Thank you so much!", She hugged her mother and she placed a kiss of her daughter's forehead.

Neha was smiling while looking at them from an corner. Then she saw Darshan came inside with a few of bags. He breathed out heavily after coming inside.

"You knew about it?", Upasana questioned.

"It was Darshan Bhaiya's idea only to call all of us here.", Upasana's cousin sister said. Darshan was eyeing her to stay quite, but she didn't. Upasana glaces at him and he just smiled.

"Happy Birthday.", He whispered into her ear.

"Thank you.", She said that back.

Darshan tried to hug her but Upasana pushed him away pointing to her family.

Neha was looking at them just. Then she slowly made her way back to her room. She lay down on the bed covering herself with the blanket.

After a while she felt someone was pulling the blanket down. She pulled that up again and someone pulled that down again.

"Arey!", She said in annoyance.

"NEHAAAA!", Then suddenly form somewhere three people jumped on her bed.

"AHHHH!", She shouted as well.

"Happy Birthday!", The three, Aarushi, Nishit, Rishi, shouted together.

"Yaar Abhi Ek Din Baaki Hai.", She sat up on the bed.

"Toh Keya Advance Happy Birthday Na.", Aarushi said and gave her a side hug.

"You know I hate my birthday.", Neha told with a puckered face.

"No you love your birthday untill you realise that you got older one more year.", Nishit explained.

"Someone turned 27!", Aarushi shouted.

"Don't remind me guys!", She sat hanging her head down.

"Buddhi Ho Rahi Hai. Saadi Karle.", The another voice came from the doorstep. Neha saw Darshan was standing there leaning to the wooden frame of the door with a smile on his lips.

"Tu Kar Raha Hai Na, Mere Hisse Ka Bhi Karle.", She told.

"Are you telling me to marry a boy or another girl because you're a...", He narrowed his eyes.

"I'll kill you oneday I swear.", They all laughed expect Neha.

"Guys let's go. We have a lots of work.", Aarushi dragged Nishit and Rishi out of the room.

Darshan walked to Neha, hugged her and said, "Happy Birthday in advance. You thought I forgot your birthday?"

She broke the hug and nodded a no.

"Don't lie. You thought. When I wished Upasana and you just left.", He said and Neha looked at him, "I saw. Don't worry I'll wish you first this year also as always.", Darshan smiled.

"Not as always Darsh, you've stopped wishing me three years back.", Neha reminded. The smile of Darshan faded.

"My birthday is not anymore as special as previous.", She added.

"Let it go na.", He asked.

"I did. I do let it go through out the whole year. But this day, this day keeps reminding me that on this day only I've lost the most important person of my life.", She stopped and said again, "Or he lost me may be.", uttering that she walked out from the room.