Chapter 1 - Reunion? 🦄

It's the phase 2 of book 2. So just don't mix two books.

Read The Phase One First

_

Back to 2023,
Present Days-

As all the guests left Darshan felt a relief because it was a hectic day. Almost all his relatives left from the engagement venue, Upasana also left. So he took his car and drove to his house too. The house was already full with lots of people. He entered and the first thing came in his mind was 'Neha'. In all these functions he didn't get any time to talk to her. So he started looking for her. He looked all around but couldn't find her so he asked one of his aunt, "Kaki did you see Neha anywhere?"

"Ha. She is in upstairs. Go.", She told.

Passing a smile Darshan walked to the upstairs. He peeped into every room and finally saw her in the third room.

She was sitting on the bed, still in her blue dress.

"Didi please, please Didi.", All the kids of the house were there in front of her, sitting in a circle. Darshan counted there was 5 kids, all were around 5-6 years.

"Ok ok. Shhh. Pehle Chup.", Placing her index finger on her lips she told them to be quite.

"We want chocolates.", Though a boy said in between.

"But I don't have any chocolates right now.", Neha rolled her lower lip. Darshan leaned to the wooden frame of the door and stood there keeping an eye on her.

"But we want Didi please.", They all shouted again.

"Ok fine.", Neha said loudly. They all became quite so she added, "I'll give you all chocolates tomorrow. PAKKA."

"Why not right now?", A baby girl asked making a cute puppy face.

Neha wrinkled her nose and pulled her on her lap and said, "It's too late right now na. Look at outside it's all dark. If I'll go to the shop right now the elders will scold me right?"

"You mamma is here, she also scolds you?", A boy asked.

Neha chuckled at the fact that children thought mothers were the  only person who kept scolding in every situation.

Darshan smiled too. "No my mamma is not here but she scolds me too.", Neha said.

"Toh will you like it if someone scold me?", She asked in a baby voice. They all nodded a no together.

"Hmm. Toh I'll go tomorrow and bring a lots of chocolates for you ok.", Neha said.

"Ok.", They said in a joy.

"Now go go. Go and sleep. It's already so late. Kal Mere Saath Shop Me Jana Hai Ke Nehi?", She said.

And all the kids got down from the bed in a rush. Neha laughed softly. As all the kids were leaving from the room Neha's eyes fell on Darshan. They looked at eachother. They both smiled softly.

"You're still so good with kids.", Darshan walked into the room.
She just nodded casually.

"Neha I need to...talk...", He tried to say but cut off by someone's shout.

"Neha..."

Neha got down from the bed.
"One minute Darshan.", She ran outside.

"Ha Kaki?", She shouted back.

"You had your dinner na?", One of Darshan's aunt asked.

Neha slapped her forehead and said, "Ahh I'll, don't worry."

"It's already late. Come downstairs and have your dinner.", The shout again came.

"Ha ha I'm coming in a minute kaki.", Saying that she came inside again.

"It's so hectic to handle all the relatives after a long time.", She nodded her head negatively.

"Aysa Lagta Hai Mere Khudse Zada Tere Relatives Mujhe Jante Hai.", She laughed softly.

"Kaha Rehti Ho Abhi, Keya Kar Rahi Ho, Saadi Kab Karogi. Offo.", She fell on the bed.

Darshan was just looking at her quietly. She looked up to him and said, "Tujhe Kuch Bolna Tha Na. Ok wait."

She stood up again and said, "By God you're looking handsome in this sherwani."

Checking him out from head to toe she commented.

"Like for the first time you're looking good in a attire.", She chuckled.

"I mean finally you're getting married. Yaar I just can't believe. Trust me I'm feeling bad for Upasana. Poor she.", She again chuckled but Darshan didn't.

"But I was expecting you to wear blue.", She added.

"Neha..."

"Please don't tell me you're planning to wear blue on your wedding. It'll be too loud then."

"Neha.", He pulled her closer by her upper arms.

She stopped.

"How can you behave so normally?", He asked.

"What?", She asked.

"After so many years we met and you're behaving like nothing happened between us ever.", He continued.

"Then what you want me to say Darshan?", She smiled.

He said nothing. She breathed out heavily and said, "It's been three years now Darshan. It's so long and I'm here in your wedding. Then why to ruin all these happiness recalling the worst memories of us? Why? We have so many good memories together. Just let it go. Don't hold back to the things which we both wanna forget.", She said.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything.", He said in a broken voice.

"Hey please.", She placed her hand on his right cheek.

"It's ok. It's fine. It's been so long and I'm over it now. Yah it did hurt a lot. I was broken, I stayed broken for so long but not anymore. I was over that from a long time.", She smiled at him.

"But you know what Darshan, what hurt the most? That you never came. I was waiting for you to come and say, 'Neha I'm sorry. Now let's go.' But you did not come.", Her eyes became wet.
The guilt increased more inside of him.

"I'm sorry.", He whispered.

"I said It's ok. Now leave all these. First of all congratulations for your wedding and thank you for inviting me.", She said in sarcasm. He smiled.

"I'm happy for you Darshan.", She added. They were looking at eachother. When she looked at her upper arms which were still held by him.

He saw that too and left her.
There was a awkward silence between them.

Then Neha looked at him and asked softly, "Can I get a hug?"

Darshan started at her for a moment then hugged her tightly. He literally pulled her up a little bit. Neha hugged him back.

"I missed you.", He said.

"I missed you too.", She said back.

And then the room had filled with the sound of their laugh, the happy sound of two soles which stayed broken for a long time, or may be still were.