Chapter 30: Is It Too Late Now To Say Sorry? 🦄

Neha made her way inside the room avoiding an eye contact with Darshan. Darshan was watching her movements quitly. She went and stood in a distance from him.

"I...", She was rubbing her both palms together in nervousness. Darshan looked at her hands then at her face.

"You?"

"I...I'm sorry!", Neha uttered taking a breath in.

"For?", Darshan asked rising his left eyebrow up.

"Everything! Everything I've done, everything I shouldn't have, for every single thing.", She looked up at him.

Darshan opened his mouth to say something but Neha stopped him, "No. I know Darsh I should have said this before. I don't know what the fuck was actually gotten into me. And I'm so sorry, I really am.", She fell on the bed.

"I just suck sometimes. And I think I deserve all of this somewhere. The hate from you, from people around me. I fucking deserve every shit of this.", She looked down.

Darshan sat next to her, "Who said I hate you? And you deserve none of this, never. It was my fault, all of it."

"I'm just done by all of this.", She pushed her hairs back.

"Did anyone say something to you?", He asked in a soft voice.

"No. I'm not mad, I'm not upset. I'm just...done. Done by running away from you, from myself, from everything.", She looked into his eyes, they were teary.

"I just want to stop all this now. Its suffocating me. I can't breath. I want it to stop. I wanna be normal like previous, can't we?"

Darshan held her hands,
"Everything will be fine. I'm here.", He blinked. "Do you know from how long I just waited for this to happen. When finally we can be like previous.", Darshan said.

"But it's not that easy Darsh, after everything I've done to you, to Upasana, I don't deserve a second chance."

"But I'm giving you.", He spoke. And Neha kept looking at him in surprise.

"Why?", She asked.

"Because I think we should give people chances as many as chances we want for ourselves."
He intertwined his hands with her.

"So?", He asked.

Neha smiled widely and hugged him tightly. Darshan broke down into a smile too and squeezed her into a tight hug.

"I missed you.", She whispered.

"Not more than me.", He uttered.

They giggled together. It was feeling like finally two broken pieces got back together. Might be the mark would be there forever but at least they're together.

"I love you.", He said rubbing her hairs softly.

"I love you too.", Her smiling lips said.

Upasana smiled while watching the two best friends together after a long time from outside of the room.

They broke the hug. Darshan saw a tear drop rolled down from Neha's eye. He wiped that off instantly.

"Now I can marry peacefully I guess.", Darshan said.

Neha chuckled and said, "I guess so."

They laughed together again.