Chapter 22 : Lawki Ki Sabji 🦄

"Can I ask you something?", After a moment Darshan asked.

"Hmm?", Upasana sounded without opening her eyes.

Darshan took a moment then asked in low voice, "Why did you ask for time?"

Upasana opened her eyes and sat up in a jerk. "Seriously?", She asked in anger.

She looked away from him and said, "Tumhari Sui Ekhi Jagah Pe Atki Hui Kuy Rehti Hai? Matlab Hadd Hai. I decorated the whole house, made dinner for you, trying to be romantic, spend some good quality time and you're here asking the same question for which we're actually fighting."

She stood up, "You know what you're useless. Neha is right you're a duffer."
She turned away to leave but Darshan stood up and stopped her.

"I'm sorry. I was just asking.
Please. I'm sorry.", He made a cute face.

"Don't you trust me?", She asked.

"Of course I do.", He said softly.

"Then stop asking that. Why are you so stubborn? From past I don't know how many days you're asking the same question again and again. I'm just fed up now.", She snapped.

"Really, I'm stubborn? Then what about you? You're also not answering. Just answer I'll stop questioning.", He told.

"Did I ever ask you why did you added peanut butter in my sandwich?", Upasana asked.

"What?", Darshan became confuse for some moment then he looked away.

"Say say why are you quite now? Don't have any answer?", She asked again.

"I didn't...I forgot.", He said.

"You forgot what? That I've an allergy of that?", Upasana asked.

"Yah!", Darshan lied.

"Great! Like so great. You totally forgot. Now see how can I spend the rest of my life with a man who forgets those things which can actually kill me.", She uttered.

"That was a mistake I will never repeat that again.", He announced, "Now you're changing the topic ok."

"I'm not.", She joined her hands near her chest.

"Ok I answered. Now you have to.", He told.

"I'm feeling very sleepy. See you tomorrow.", She faked a smile and walked to the door.

"It's not fair ok.", Darshan said.

"Good night Darshan!", Upasana smiled softly.

"Upasana!", Darshan shouted behind, "Ok I'm sorry."

Upasana left. Darshan smiled and rubbed the backside of his neck.

* * *

Upasana was coming towards her room when suddenly she heard some sounds coming from the next room of her. She stopped and started hearing more carefully. Then she without making any sound entered in the room and turned on the lights.
She saw Darshan was doing something behind the bed, only his legs were visible.

"What are you doing?", Upasana asked surprisingly. He sat up and Upasana saw his face now.

"Oh hi.", He said with a smile.

"Chi Chi Darshan Apne Hi Gharme Chori Karte Huye Saram Nehi Aati Tumhe.", Upasana said.

"Chori? Main Apne Gharme Chori Kuy Karunga?", he was still behind the bed.

"Then what the hell are you doing behind there or Wo Bhi...", She looked around the room and found out that was none other than Neha's room, "Neha Ke Kamreme. Wait, are you really stealing something from her room?"

"No!", Darshan said and came out holding a photo frame in his hand. "Actually Yea Gir Gaya Tha Woha Piche.", He said.

Upasana saw there was a photo of Neha and Darshan in the photo frame, most probably that was a picture from their college time.

"That's cute!", Upasana commented.

"Hai na? I know.", Darshan smiled.

"Where did you get this?", She asked.

"Here on the dressing table, which I was actually not expecting.", He smiled some more.

Upasana looked at him and said, "Something is going wrong in between two na? I can sense that."

"Nothing is same now.", He said looking at the picture, "but I'm trying hard to make it."

"Everything will be fine!", Upasana held his shoulder.

"Ok they're coming back today. So let's make some food from them?", He asked with a grin on his face.

"Of course. Let's go.", They both walked to the kitchen.

* * *

"For whom this is?", Darshan pointed to the Lawki Ki Sabji.

"Nishit. He loves Lawki Ki Sabji.", Upasana giggled.

"Tumhe Bara Paata Hai!", He looked at her from the corner of his eyes.

"Neha Ne Bataya.", She gave him a 'Obvious' look.

"Accha what do you think about Neha and Nishit?", Upasana asked with a smile on her face.

"No way.", Darshan said.

"Why not? They're cute together.", She said.

Darshan raised his left eyebrow, "Tum Na Lawki Ki Sabji Pe concentrate Karo, Bara Aya Match Maker."

Upasana rolled her eyes. When they heard the door bell rang. Darshan was sitting on the counter, as he heard the sound he jumped from there and ran to the door. Seeing his excitement Upasana laughed. Darshan opened the door with a smile on his face.

"Hey.", He said.

"Hey Bhai!", Rishi hugged him and entered.

Aarushi showed up next.

"Hallo Ji.", Darshan said with a smile. Then expanded his arms from a hug, Aarushi gave a look to him then hugged him.

"Wow, Do Din Chutti Me Jake Tera Dimag Thik Ho Gaya Hai.", He said in sarcasm.

"Chal Chal!", Aarushi said.

"I missed you.", Darshan said.

"Me too.", She pouted.

"Did I heard it right?", Darshan laughed.

"Marja Please.", Aarushi crossed him and entered inside.

Nishit passed a smile to Darshan and entered too. Darshan peeped outside from the door and said, "Neha Ko Tum Logo Ne Wohi Pe Chod Ke Chale Aye Keya?"

Then he saw Neha was coming holding a bag.

"Hey!", Darshan said softly with a smile. He stretched his arms again for hug but Neha pushed her bag to him and entered without giving him any attention.
Darshan looked at the bag then at her. He closed the door and ran to them again. They all fell on the couch as if they came back wining a battle.

"Hey guys!", Upasana came out from the kitchen. "So how was the trip?", She added.

"Awesome!", Rishi said.

"Enjoyed?", She asked again.

"Yah a lot.", Neha smiled at her.

"Great! You all must be hungry, get fresh then we'll take dinner together.", Upasana said.

They all stood up lazily and made their way to their own own rooms.

"Your bag!", Darshan shouted behind Neha. But she again didn't respond.

"Ajeeb Battamiz Ho Gayi Hai Yea.", He uttered.

Upasana chuckled and said, "Go to her and give."

"Good idea!", He also walked to her room on upstairs.