Chapter 20

Kaityln POV...

A week later...

I got up, got dressed for work and Xavier was still in bed. I didn't want to wake him so I left for work.

Anyways.. I grabbed my purse, phone and car keys. I headed to the garage and reversed my car down the driveway and sped off to work.

I didn't even say goodbye to Xavier. I arrived at work, I parked and walked inside the building.

I changed into my scrubs and looked at the charts to see who are the patients I have to check up on. I still have Xavier on my mind because I left without telling him anything.

"Hey Hun," Zara said.

"Hey love, What's up?" I replied.

"I'm Okay, How about you?" She asked.

"I'm fine." I said.

"So then why do you sound so down?" She inquired.

"Well, I left the house without telling Xavier that I was leaving for work. So I'm just feeling worried, I guess." I explained.

"It's okay, Don't worry. Everything will be fine." She said while she gave me a comforting hug.

Zara left to tend to her patients and I did the same. While walking to go and check my patients, there was alot of shouting and chaos going on. Then I heard my name...

"Dr. Scott, we need you in here." A nurse shouted.

I hurried into the room where the patient was in. There were many nurses and a few doctors surrounding him. The nurse who was there, gave me a brief explanation about him. She said he was brought in not to long ago. His maid found him bleeding out and she called the ambulance. He sustained stab wounds, bruises and scares. I walked up to him and to my surprise, It was Xavier!

There was blood all over him. He looked Terrible, who did this must have really hated him.

"XAVIER!" I shouted tears starting oozing down my face. I was in shock...

"Oh My God," I said.

"Do you know him?" The nurse asked.

"Yeah, That's my fiance...." I replied and I stood as close to him as possible.

I told the nurse to page Zara and Zidane. I need my friends right now.  I can't handle this. Who the hell would do this? And why him...
After a few minutes Zara and Zidane walked in.

"Hey Hun, You paged......" she said but didn't finish what she was going to say.

"Hey, Why are you so sad?" Zidane asked and the both stopped and they were in shock when they saw who it was.

"Oh My goodness" she said and she hugged me.

"It's gonna be okay," Zidane said.

"I can't believe something like this were to happen to him." I spoke with a sadden voice.

"Don't worry Hun, Zidane and I will take care of him. You should go home and relax a bit." She said.

"I can't go home, I'll miss him more." I replied back.

"Okay, Hear what, Go and cool off in one of the on call rooms and we will come and check in with you when we fix him up." Zidane suggested.

I nod and I walked to an on call room. I can't believe this is happening...

Zara POV...

When we walked into the room where Kaityln paged. There was a lot of people in the room and Kaityln was crying...