Chapter 4: Secrets Now Told

Y/N POV

"Well, I started drinking because I-I..." My mind went blank when I tried remembering. I remember it. It's on the tip of my tongue, but it just won't fall out.

"I..." I was repeating and holding my head in my hand. My eyes started to hurt and my head was hurting. Mina scooted closer and held my other free hand. She gently rubbed her thumb over it sending chills. This was honestly making it worse.

"I'm fine...I'm...fine." I said holding back the tears and pushing her hand away.

"I've never talked about it with anyone... just so happens I felt comfortable with you." I said looking up at Mina. Her eyes were caring and understanding.

"I-I was abused as a kid. Like tortured. I was kept in the basement given barley any food, but I had a sunflower I used to take care of. It reminded me of outside." I said.

"That was until I was found and taken to Korea. I was adopted into a new family and I couldn't be anymore happier." I said smiling thinking about the bitter past.

"Oh..." Mina said quietly.

"I'm fine now, but I'd like to forget it..." I said as silence filled the room.

Our little sweet moment was ruined when the Twice members came into the room. Mina and I quickly separated and I heard some suppressed snickers.

"You actually did come!" Sana said clinging onto my arm as she took the space Mina left in between us.

"O-Of course. I wanted to see you guys preform." I chuckled patting the cute girl on the head.

"Aren't you hot?" Tzuyu asked eyeing me up and down looking at my clothing. I was actually hot, but I did it for fashion. I took off my jacket and showed my slim figure.

"I actually was. You guys were great out there. Are you still busy today?" I asked them tugging on my turtle neck for no reason, but nervousness.

"We actually aren't. We're off for a little." Jihyo said and glanced at the manager before looking at me.

"How about we go for dinner? My treat?" I said standing up from the couch and I basically towered over them.

"Sure... but do you have anywhere in mind?" Nayeon asked me as they were walking to the changing room.

"I'll give you an answer once all of you guys are done changing." I said. They left into a separate room kinda and I waited and sat down on the couch.

"What do you guys like to eat?" I asked Mina who was just staring at her phone. She looked up at me and then spoke after a few minutes of staring.

"Barbecue is nice." Mina said licking her maybe at the thought.

"I know you don't want to be in public. I-I got a grill back at home. W-Would your group be fine with that?" I asked playing with my fingers without looking at her. She chuckled softly and I felt the blood surged to my cheeks as her chuckle was enough to make me melt.

What the hell am I thinking?!

"I think the girls would love that. I'd love that..." She quietly mumbled, but I was able to catch it. The girls came outside with casual clothing as I told them were going to my house. They seemed excited.

After we finally left the event and made it to my humble mansion. I didn't expect them to be surprised, but they were.

"C'mon. We can cook in the back." I opened the front door and lead them to my back yard which had a pool and grass and concrete.

"Sit anywhere. Make yourselves comfy." I said. They all took a seat at the table underneath the shade chatting with each other. I got the grill burning as I tied up my hair in a messy bun.

"I'll go inside and get the meat." I said. I rushed inside and literally forgot where my fridge is from panicking trying to make this visit right. After having some common sense of finding where my own fridge is I grabbed some cut pork belly and some brisket. I grabbed a few that were wrapped and went outside and placed them next to a grill.

"Do you need any help?" Jeongyeon asked me seeing how worked up I was.

"Please?" I asked smiling awkwardly. Jeongyeon, Jihyo and Nayeon stood up and walked with me inside the house.

"I've already got some rice cooked up, and we need lettuce in the which is in the fridge. Jeong and Ji can you please wash them. Nayeon help me with the rice serving please?" I said. They all got working and I grabbed a total of ten bowls and filled each one with rice. I had enough time to get kimchi as a side dish. I brought out one by one as everyone's faces were filled with delight.

Jihyo and Jeongyeon where finally done with the lettuce and came outside with a lot.

"I'll get cooking. Get comfy and just talk so time will go faster." I said walking over to the grill. I grabbed tongs and placed some pork belly over the heated metal and the sizzling brought satisfaction to my ears. I put the rest on there filling the big grill.

"You guys want any drinks?" I asked walking back inside the house to grab drinks.

"Uh, do you have soju?" Nayeon asked me. I nodded. Of course I have alcohol.

"I don't got many hands can some of you guys help me?" I asked. Chaeyoung and Dahyun stood up and walked with me to grab some bottles.

We went outside and I saw Mina cooking and quickly put down the bottles and went to her.

"Don't cook it's okay. I don't want you smelling like barbecue after or getting hurt." I sat gently taking the tongs away from her grasp. Her cheeks were dusted pink and she looked beautiful in the sunset as the sun light up her brown eyes.

"I-I just saw it burning a bit. I-I thought I should have f-flipped it." I smiled as her words fell out of her mouth.

"I got it. Go ahead, I got this." I said. She nodded and went back with the group and heard laughing. I cut the pork belly into pieces before serving it. I sat down with them after all the meat was done and cracked open a bottle of soju before drinking a bit.

We enjoyed the food for a bit when Sana put some food in a wrap and offered me it by placing it in front of me.

"Just to say thanks." She said smiling. I felt chills as I accepted the delicious wrap. I followed it up with a flip of soju. I ended up finishing the bottle and went inside for the whisky I always crave.

"You're going to get drunk again with guest here?"

A/N
Lmao. ✌🏻