Behind the Scenes

By: fabraysus

The defeat of the Mountain Men had marked a turning point between the Grounders and the Sky People. No longer did they look at one another with hate and distrust. After fighting along side one another, they realized allying with the other would work much better than just returning to killing each other mindlessly. Lexa had offered Kane the chance for Skaikru to be come the thirteenth clan in the coalition. Kane accepted eagerly, thanking her for giving them the opportunity to live peacefully and as one. They had set up trading posts near the Ark camp, which soon turned into Arkadia. Though Azgeda was displeased with having Skaikru as one of their own, no one dared speak out against Lexa.

Clarke was extremely happy with the progress they had made. To go from fighting each other to the death to coexisting peacefully, it was really great. Not to mention Lexa had been perfectly patient with her. Before the big fight, Lexa had confessed her feelings and kissed Clarke. It had taken some time to get over Finn, but a few weeks after they joined the coalition, Clarke had admitted she felt the same towards Lexa. Clarke swore up and down there was nothing more beautiful than the smile that graced Lexa's face then.

"We have to keep our relationship on the low." Clarke said, Lexa furrowing her brow.

"You want to...have relations on the ground? Clarke, come to Polis. I have a beautiful bed-"

"No, no!" Clarke flushed, cutting her off. "I mean, uh, lets just not announce that we're together yet, okay? Azgeda still hates us, and some people are still wary of the Grounders." She explained, Lexa nodding.

"Alright. We will keep it "low" as you call it." Lexa smiled at Clarke in understanding.

That was at least a month ago. Clarke didn't know how to tell the Commander how she was ready to show her friends and the people of the Ark that she was with Lexa. And Lexa hadn't brought up stating it to her people, either. So Clarke was stumped.

"This is gonna be great." Octavia grinned, snapping Clarke out of her thoughts.

"What is?" Clarke asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Didn't you hear? Lincoln and the Commander are visiting today to see if everything's going good." Raven explained, causing Clarke to frown slightly. Lexa hadn't told her about visiting...

"Yeah, so? They do that every other week." Clarke shook away her thoughts, shrugging.

"But this time Monty and Jasper made their special moonshine." Octavia smirked.

"We're giving it to Lexa. I bet she's such a lightweight." Raven laughed.

"I doubt it, she's super muscular-" Clarke coughed, avoiding Raven and Octavia's gazes. "I've seen her train. Sometimes. Anyway! Does Lincoln know you're doing this to his leader?"

"He's the one that suggested she needed a day to chill." Octavia grinned, slinging an arm over each of their shoulders. "It's gonna be great."

Lexa and Lincoln arrive around midday. They're greeted warmly and offered to lunch, curtesy of Chancellor Kane.

"Thank you for checking in on us, Commander." Kane tells the brunette with a smile as he serves her a plate of food. Lexa looks at Lincoln, her lips twitching into a smirk. Lincoln chuckles, shaking his head.