Chapter 37: Mega Gym Battle Part 1: Triple Battle Vs. Gym Trainers!

Start from the beginning

"Actually, Dark is the I've been waiting for! Thus, I can explain the requirements!" Korrina's voice shouted from above.

Everyone look up to see Korrina sliding down a rail that goes around the Gym in a spiral, landing in front of the six Trainers and Rumble.

"Wait, we're/I'm with him/them?" The five friends and Dark asked, pointing at each other.

"Yep!" Korrina said with a grin, while the six teens had a look of shock on their faces. "Oh, come on, don't be like that. I know that you two," Korrina pointed at Shauna and Dark, "had work together in Reflection Cave."

"Yeah, but that was a one-time thing." Dark said.

"Then I guess Grant was exaggerating things when he told the Pokemon League what happened in Glittering Cave. Mainly how you, Trevor and Light managed to at least hold your own against an high-ranking member of Team Flare," Korrina said.

"...She still won, so it doesn't count," Dark muttered.

"He has a point. For the second time, regarding Gym Leaders," Light commented.

"Nothing we did managed to defeat that Shadow Mightyena of her." Trevor said.

"It counts because the three of you proved you weren't going down without a fight. Even though Grant should've intervened earlier. But regardless, from what I've heard, you managed to heavily damaged it, and you don't have a Snag Machine or Aura Reader like those two Trainers in Orre," Korrina said.

"Anyways, here's the requirement: Tierno, Trevor and Shauna will be battling all of my Gym Trainers while rollerblading." Korrina explained.

"And us?" Serena asked, pointing at herself, Dark and Light.

"You three will be sitting on the benches, watching the matches. I think you can learn something from a different perspective." Korrina said. "And once Tierno, Trevor and Shauna beat all of the Gym Trainers, all six of you will be able to challenge me," she adds.

"Okay." Light said.

"Are you kidding us?" Dark asked, only to get dragged by Serena to the elevator that will take the two and Light to the benches around the skating arena.

"Dark, there are going to be times where we have to sit out of battles. This is one of those times," Serena said, as Dark struggled, and failed, to break out of her grip.

While those three went up to the bleachers, Trevor, Tierno and Shauna put on some skating gear, provided to them by Rumble. The three then skated up a ramp near a staircase, both of which located near the entrance of the Gym, waiting for a railing to pop out of the floor.

"Ready for this, guys?" Shauna asked, adjusting her helmet.

"Definitely," Tierno said.

"Sure," Trevor said.

Soon, the rail was in front of them, allowing the three challengers to skate over to the skating arena.

Once they got into the skating arena, they looked around at the Gym Trainers, most of whom were skating in a specific portion of the arena. The fourth one was skating around the entirety of the Gym.

"So, do we just battle them separately, or do we stick together?" Shauna asked.

"To do this faster, we divide and conquer for three of them. The last one, however, we challenge them to a Triple Battle," Trevor said.

"So, how do we know which ones to battle separately and which one to battle together?" Tierno asked, looking at the Roller Skaters/Gym Trainers.

"Hmm. Can either of you two see their belts from here?" Trevor asked.