Chapter 37: Mega Gym Battle Part 1: Triple Battle Vs. Gym Trainers!

Start from the beginning

"Well, we're here. Hopefully we're prepared for this," Trevor said, the five friends standing outside the Gym.

"Of course we're ready! We trained for a whole week just for this!" Shauna exclaimed.

"Yeah, we get to show them how awesome we are!" Tierno added.

Serena smiled at the moment. However, she noticed Light hadn't said anything, and turned around to see him looking lost in thought.

"Light, are you okay?" she asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah," Light said, a bit distractedly.

"Are you sure?" Serena asked, as Trevor, Tierno and Shauna noticed what was going on and turned towards Light, concern on their faces.

"Yeah. Just was thinking about...strategies." Light said, putting a smile on his face.

"Well, whatever strategy you come up with, I'm sure it'll be fine." Serena said, relieved along with the others that there wasn't anything troubling Light. Or at least, they thought so.

"Thanks," Light said, while mentally pushing away the doubts eating at him for the lie. Just continue lying to them for a while, then you can let everything hit you after the Gym. And possibly talk to them, Light told himself.

"I think I speak for everyone when I say I can't wait anymore! We're not going to know the results by standing out here!" Shauna said, almost bursting from joy.

"Okay, okay, Shauna. Chill, before you explode into a cloud of rainbows," Trevor said. "Even though it's realistically impossible," he adds.

"Well, then we should head inside," Tierno said. All in agreement, and running out of comforting things to say, the five friends entered the Gym.

Shalour City Gym-12:10 P.M.

"Holy Arceus." Light said in amazement.

"That's an understatement." Tierno said, as the five friends are looking at a huge indoor skating rink, complete with ramps.

"Yep, Korrina always likes to impress her challengers with something like this. I'm Rumble, the Gym Guide for this Gym, by the way," explained Rumble, wearing skater gear over his Gym Guide outfit.

"Nice to meet you, Rumble. So, what do we have to do before we challenge Korrina?" Serena asked.

"Well, normally, I would tell you the requirement. However, since you five are her special challengers, she wants to spice things up. So, she wants to tell you. She's just waiting for one more person who's part of your group today." Rumble said.

Right at that moment, Dark entered the Gym. "I'm he-What are you five doing here?" he asked, frowning in confusion.

"We actually got here first. We're just waiting for Korrina to come, though she's waiting for another person who's joining us." Light said.