"Hello, Mr. Martin." She smiled, sitting up. We shared a little laugh.

"Ms. Thompson, you look amazing."

"Thank you, and so do you." She shifted around, getting comfortable, placing her handbag in the empty seat next to her.

"Did you have any issues getting here?"

"No, none at all. This is nice." She looked around admiring the dim-lit, empty room. Space is exquisite with long gold draped curtains, cloth-covered tables, and chandeliers throughout.

"This is my first time here, but I heard the food was good."

"Good because I'm a foodie. Trying new things or cooking something new gets me all giddy." She gleamed with excitement as she picked up her menu. The server came over and brought out some water for the table. He left, giving us a little time to look it over.

"You have good energy. You're all hyped over the simplest thing." I smiled at her. Both of us laughed. "You said you cook?"

She nodded. "Yep, my mother is Spanish, and my dad is African American, of course, I cook. I don't have much choice but to know-how. —My family would cast me away if I didn't." She laughed. "All of my siblings' know-how, even my baby sister. My dad sometimes will get in the kitchen too. He's a meat and potatoes guy. So don't expect anything beyond that from him."

"You have two sisters and a brother right, and he's your twin?" I asked, trying to remember if that's what she said to me, during one of our phone conversations.

"Yep."

"Your brother and I have something in common then. I have three sisters."

"Mmhm and he plays basketball too. I didn't mention that." She tilted her head slightly.

"He does? He plays professionally?" I furrowed my brows curiously. "What team? I probably know him."

"He plays overseas in Europe. He's currently back home due to an injury. His name is Julian Thompson, Jr. Everyone calls him Jr. We don't look alike at all, especially with our height difference.

I instantly knew who he was as soon as she said his name. He's major over there. I chuckled a bit. "Tall, curly hair with a loudmouth. I know Jr, although we called him Jr. Red when I played him. We had two juniors playing. He was the light skin jr. I played him in a tournament one summer.

"Yep you sure did, my baby sister never let us forget that. She's a huge fan. She adores you. —But that's the baby girl. We're all very protective over that one."

"Oh yeah? Then I'll have to meet her. We're the same way with my little sister."

We finally decided on what we wanted to eat, so we put in our orders. The waiter came back with a bottle of champagne. He poured mine, and before he could pour Adiras', she held her hand over her glass, shaking her head. I peered at her curiously.

"I'm ok with my water." She smiled, taking a sip. I nodded.

"So, medical school, huh?"

"Yes, medical school." She giggled.

"Is that something your passionate about, or is it because your father does what he does?" I remembered she told me about her dad being the medical director, so I felt it was only befitting to ask.

"This has always been my dream, being a doctor, specializing in cosmetic surgery. —Well, the cosmetic part came later."

I raised my brows, fixing my posture slightly. I waited to see how she would explain this to me. How did this, in particular, become her dream, especially in this society now.