E P I L O G U E : B E G I N A G A I N

A/N: So this is it guys. I know the end of the last chapter was a WTF moment. Please bear with me until the end of this part.

I want to thank everyone that gave this story a chance and even though it didn't kick off right away, in the last month it has been getting a lot of love. So thank you!

I plan on finally finishing the sequel since a lot of you have asked.

Once again, thank you for everything and until next time <3

———
E P I L O G U E : B E G I N  A G A I N

Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live—Norman Cousins

PART ONE:

D A N T E

ONE WEEK LATER -
Los Angeles, CA

Nothing but the rain falling can be heard throughout the cemetery as a large group of people form around the oak casket covered in white lilies and roses. All that can be seen is the top of black umbrellas throughout the mass crowd of people.

There's quite a big outcome, larger than I'd expected but most of the people here never even knew Kat.

When news of her survival from twenty years ago made its announcement at the meeting, everyone suddenly was intrigued by the Fitzgerald heir. Then when they found out she died while confronting the man responsible for the attacks, her popularity grew even larger.

The selfless act of Thomas Fitzgerald's daughter.

That part pissed me off the most.

None of them called her by her name. It was 'Fitzgerald heir' this and 'Thomas's daughter' that. She was dead and living in the shadow of her father's fame.

It's not his fault and I'm sure he'd be just as pissed off as me right now.

I've thought about him a lot the last few days.

I think about the promise I made him and how I broke it. I deserve all that Hell has to offer me in the after life once I'm gone. I failed the most important person in the world to me. I failed her.

Everyone walks up to me, giving me their condolences and I blankly thank them. Not giving any of them the attention that's deserved. I know I'm coming off as rude but I don't care.

I look over at my son who's currently in Jax's arms. Aside from me, he's the only one he will willingly go to now. He misses Kat so much and so do I.

I've woken up every night since then with nightmares. I reach over in bed, expecting her to be there, curled up in the sheets but she's not.

I miss the way she'd sleepily ask me if I was okay and then would run her fingers through my hair, reassuring me that everything was okay and that she loved me.

Once everyone has left and only a handful of us remain, I stand alone next to the hole that now holds the casket six feet into the ground. I look down at the wooden box and feel emptiness. I feel a hand on my shoulder and slowly turn my head towards the person next to me.