T E N : U N L O C K

A/N: At this point anymore I'm not going to announce if there's smut in a chapter. It's pretty much a given at this point. So enjoy ^_^

——
T E N : U N L O C K

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool—William Shakespeare

D A N T E

Watching Kat walk into her apartment building a few minutes ago without following her, was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. As tough as she thinks she is, I know deep down she didn't want to be alone.

But my girl's stubborn, especially when it comes to her emotions, just like I am. I smack my hand against the steering wheel and pull out my phone. Dialing Jax's number, I already have a plan in motion. She'll be pissed about it but I don't care. He answers on the second ring.

"Yes?" he answers, dragging the word out.

"Can you meet me at Constantine Financial? It's the bank Kat is going to for the safety deposit box thing," I ask sternly.

"Um sure, but why do I need to join you? Isn't she with you?"

"No. She told me she wanted to go alone," I mutter. There's a short pause on the other end. A low chuckle breaks the silence.

"Oh I get it now. She told Mr. Bad Boy no and he's throwing a fit. Let me guess, you plan on tailing her?" He jokes. And when I don't deny it I can hear a deep sigh of annoyance on the other line.

"Of course you are," he sighs. "Fine, but you know you need to knock the overprotectiveness off. You'll end up smothering her."

I know this but I can't help myself. She's prone to danger and she's unsure of her powers and can't defend herself. If something bad happened to her again like at the church, I don't think I could handle it. Thinking of a world without her in it, causes my heart to tighten and at any moment I might burst from the pressure.

"Yeah, I know. Just meet me there. I'll deal with it when the time comes." I hang up the phone knowing he'll be there and make my way to the bank.

I pull up across the street, a block away from the bank. With my enhanced sight I'll be able to watch the entrance. Just as I turn off the car, Jax opens the passenger door and slides in.

"So we are having ourselves a little stakeout. No less on your own girlfriend. Aren't you the charming, trustful one," he elbows me playfully.

"Knock it off mate. It's not that I don't trust her, it's I don't trust danger not to find her. Ever since I met her a week ago she's had multiple instances of danger finding her." I watch the street, looking for her Jeep.

"I know Dante, I'm just looking out for both of you," he reassures just as we spot Kat's Jeep Wrangler pull up in front of the bank.

As I watch her walk into the bank, I have to contain myself from getting out of my car and following her in. I'm not trying to be clingy with her but just something draws me to her.

We patiently wait in the car, watching the entrance for any suspicious people. After a few minutes of silence, Jax finally speaks.

"So did you guys finally make it official?" He asks, trying to change the subject to break the tension.

"What do you mean official?" I quote with a smirk.

"I mean are you two officially a couple? I can tell you've slept together because you're even more attached to her than before. Like a Lion protecting his Lioness," he laughs and shoves my arm.