T W E N T Y - T W O : C O U N C I L O F W A R

A/N: So this chapter is a long one. Over 10k words. But it's important and a few new characters are introduced. ^_^

———
T W E N T Y - T W O : C O U N C I L  O F  W A R

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails—1 Corinthians 13:4-8

D A N T E

A month has already passed since we got the news of Kat's pregnancy and I'm really ecstatic about today. So much, that I barely slept last night.

It's Kat's first real doctors appointment and since she's about seven, almost eight weeks along, they'll be doing an ultrasound. She had her first initial appointment right after she did the home pregnancy test, but that time they only did blood work to confirm it.

I know I'm more excited than she is about it but damn I can't wait to hear my baby's heartbeat and see them in the ultrasound. For me, it'll make everything seem more real. Kat is excited but for her, I think she'll get to my level once she sees and hears our baby inside her over the machines.

We told Joseph about it after we found out and he's really excited about being a big brother. He loves Kat and is happy she'll be giving him a sibling to watch over. He's also excited about one day soon, Kat becoming his step mother.

However, that's not how he imagines her. He'd told me he didn't like the phrase step mother, but would prefer to call her mom if she didn't mind. I'd already had the talk with him about a week ago about wanting to ask Kat to marry me. I figured he'd be absolutely okay with it but I still wanted him to feel included in the decision.

"Do you think she'd care if I called her mom?" he had shyly asked me after he'd explained he was happy for me to be marrying her.

"I don't know buddy, that's something I'd have to ask her about. I know she loves you and cares deeply for you. All she cares about is your happiness, so if that is something you truly want, I don't see Kat saying no. She just doesn't want to over step her boundaries and make it seem like she's trying to take your mother's place," I'd explained to him. Most kids his age wouldn't quite understand what I'm saying, but Joseph is really smart and intuitive when it comes to serious things like this.

"I know she isn't Dad. I know that no one will ever take moms place but I guess...I just really like Kat and if I had to choose anyone to be my next mom, it would be her. She's really nice and always makes sure I'm happy and taken care of. She likes the same things I like and always gets my reference to pop culture," he beamed up at me with excitement. I knew right then and there that I was making the correct decision.

I plan on asking her tonight after the doctors appointment. Kat isn't really into fancy things and I knew she wouldn't want to go to a high class restaurant. So I'd decided to have a nice meal here with just the two of us.

I'd already asked Nadine and Jax to watch Joseph for me. Of course Nadine is so damn excited I've had to watch over her to make sure she doesn't ruin it for me by blabby to Kat.

I take another sip of my coffee and make sure everything's in order for tonight. Kat is still asleep upstairs. She's extremely exhausted and it's driving her crazy. Not being use to the constant drowsiness, she feels like she can't get anything done like usual.

It's a half hour past seven in the morning and the appointment is at two in the afternoon. I could let her sleep in some more but I know if I do, she'll have my head for it. She's a morning person and will get thrown off schedule if she wakes up too late. Even after we've been up half the night making love, she still will wake up with the sun.