S I X : C O M M I T M E N T

A/N:Warning, spicy moment ahead between Kat & Dante ^_^ enjoy!

VOTE & COMMENT, show me the love.

———
S I X : C O M M I T M E N T

All things truly wicked start from innocence—Ernest Hemingway

D A N T E

It had been a few hours since I left my father's office after explaining what happened at the warehouse. I'm laying on my bed, where Kat was sleeping not too long ago. I can still smell her on my sheets. The sweet smell of promises that will no doubt bring this demon to his knees in worship every second for the rest of my natural life. I have my eyes closed, taking deep inhales when an obnoxious jingle erupts from my phone.

It's from my cousin, Nadine.

"Hey—just wanted you to know I just got back from lunch with Katarina. Her and Manny are planning to go out to the club tonight. She invited me and I accepted so I could watch over her," she formally informs me like some solider breaching their superior officer. I hear her deep sigh over the line and I already know what's coming.

"I really like her Dante, we need to come out and tell her the truth, you know, that I'm your cousin and you had me start working here so I could watch over her while you were busy." Nadine suggest, not a lick of uncertainty in her tone. Leave it to my dear cousin to be blunt as hell.

"I know Nadine, I will eventually. Thanks again for doing this with such short notice. I didn't want her to go today but she's stubborn," I massage the worry lines from my forehead, remembering how infuriated I was this morning with her.

I just want—no need her to be safe but I know I can't leave her locked away for the rest of her life. It wouldn't be fair. Even though I could find many activities for us to partake in to keep us busy, very busy.

"What excuse did you give to her when she saw you there instead of the normal girl?" I ask with a smirk, imagining Kat's confused expression. Is it bad I can perfectly imagine her as if I've studied her for years?

Swear I'm not obsessed—okay maybe a little. No. No, a lot.

She laughs, "Oh I told her the doctor was a friend of the family and needed me to cover for the other girl. Both the girl and the doctor were understanding, especially when I slipped them the envelopes of money to play along.

Told them I was a hired body guard for Katarina but that she was unaware of it and to keep it hush from her. I mean, that isn't a lie really, but you need to tell her the truth Dante, she'll be pissed if she finds out the truth from someone else." Her warning is loud and clear, making my insides twist into knots.

"Yeah, you don't think I know that already Nad? She already thinks I'm overprotective and I upset her this morning so I'm sure that won't help," I groan, remembering the mortified expression on her face when I left her at the clinic entrance.

"What do you mean upset her?" Nadine asks with concern. I can just picture her narrow her eyes at me. Silently scolding me like she's my damn mother.

I let out a frustrated breath wondering if my actions are even justified at this point, "After what happened yesterday at that warehouse and what that guy told me made me even more worried about her that I wasn't acting like myself this morning when I dropped her off. I'm sure she could tell because her whole attitude changed before she got out of the car."

Yeah, I'm such an idiot for being distant with her. It's nowhere near her fault.

"Well you're an idiot Dante. Sorry, but maybe you should've told her what happened and explain that you're just worried about her. That she didn't do anything wrong." I can tell she's getting aggravated with me over the phone.