N I N E T E E N : N I G H T M A R E

A/N: Remember to vote & comment ^_^

———
N I N E T E E N : N I G H T M A R E

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind—C.S. Lewis

K A T A R I N A

The last few days Dante has been busy working nonstop on finding out more information on the recent attacks. When he's not busy with that, he's spending time with Joseph. I don't complain about it because he needs to spend quality time with his son. He had admitted he didn't want me feeling lonely but I encouraged him it was fine. I was fine.

I've been keeping myself busy at work as a distraction. Thanks to Dante putting his foot down for my safety, I was forced to have Nadine accompany me to work to keep an eye out on any suspicious activities.

When I walk into the lobby to call in the next patient, Nadine is sitting behind the counter in a chair next to Allison. I will admit I felt a little better when he agreed to not have Nadine take Allison's place, helping me decide it was fine for Nadine to be my body guard until further notice.

Nadine looks up at me from her magazine and smirks. She can tell I'm annoyed with the situation of having a baby sitter and I stick my tongue out at her before the owner of Theodore, the cat, walks up with him in a crate. Theodore meows at me, clearly annoyed.

"Aww it's okay Theo. We will have you out of that stuffy crate soon." I take the crate and walk into the observation room with the owner, Mr. Thornton in tow.

The day goes by slowly and by the time the clinic closes I'm trying my best not to sit down in one of the lobby chairs and pass out. I shake my head and lightly smack my cheeks with my hands to wake myself up. I take off my white coat and hang it up in my locker before grabbing my stuff and saying my goodbyes to Dr. Amir and Allison.

"Goodnight dear. Get a good nights rest will you?" Dr. Amir begs me and then puts his finger to his mouth, deep in thought. "Honestly, take tomorrow off okay? You can tell you're exhausted right now. We don't really need you here because we are scheduled for a slow day again," he smiles at me and I don't even have the strength to argue.

Nadine meets me out in the lobby and hands me a coffee before I start my walk home. As I walk down the pavement, I think about a certain tattooed demon. I haven't seen Dante in three days. I didn't mean for us to not see each other. I only meant to not stay over every night, but we both have been so busy that there's no time for me to come over.

When I explained to Dante that I was going to go home so he could spend some time with Joseph without me there, he protested for a long time but eventually agreed. He held me in his arms for a long time before letting me go and it broke my heart to see the sadness on his face when I left but they both need this time together. I don't want to intrude on their relationship.

"I was ordered again, to stay with you tonight. You know, since you told Dante you still won't come stay over," Nadine suddenly speaks up as she walks next to me. I stop in my place and look over at her with a horrific glare. She turns towards me with a grimaces, "I won't do it though. I won't even come over if you don't want me to," she suggest and I can tell she's just as annoyed with Dante as I am. He'll do whatever he thinks necessary to get his way.

"You don't need to come over Nadine. Go home and spend time with your fiancé," I urge her and she gives me a thankful sigh. She embrace me in a warm hug before getting into her car parked out front of my apartment building.

As I make my way up to my apartment, I indulge in the peaceful atmosphere it still holds. It's home for me. But at the same time, I get the same feeling when I walk into Dante's place. I can't help the feeling of missing him.