T W E N T Y - F O U R : F A L L I N G A P A R T

A/N: This is the last chapter guys and as much as it killed me the first time when I wrote it, it kills me more on the rework it. I know my #rr will be good and not spoil it for the #ftr

Remember to vote and comment

———
T W E N T Y - F O U R : F A L L I N G  A P A R T

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation—Kahlil Gibran

D A N T E

When we pull up in front of the abandon office building, I notice that's it's heavily boarded off with caution cones and tape. I quickly glance at the sign out front that reads that's its under demolition.

I exit my car with Jax and Mickey as Nadine pulls up separately in her car. I had her bring a separate vehicle in case it was needed to get Kat and Joseph away while I deal with Jason.

Nadine gets out of her car and Jax wraps an arm around her for a quick kiss. I huff to myself knowing I need to do everything in my power to get my family out of there alive.

I can't lose them, I just can't.

I know deep down I'll probably have to kill Jason. There's no reasoning with him at this point. He's done way too much to be left alive to be handed over to the proper authorities. Since Salvador is the head warlock, I don't trust him to do his job properly and deal with Jason. He'd probably let him go just so he could be in his good graces.

"They're in there," Mickey nods towards the building. "I can feel their magical energy." That's not good. That means one of them is using magic right now.

Jax stands next to me and points towards the rear entrance. There's a blacked out sedan parked there. I nod my head to him and I know without a word he's going to check it out and the perimeter.

I leave Nadine and Mickey at my car as I make my way through the front entrance of the building. It's pitch black in here but I can still see just fine, thanks to my enhanced eye sight. In the dark it's similar to night vision but in red instead of green.

I find the stairwell and make my way up with haste, using my demon speed. Within seconds I'm at the top floor where I hear a commotion going on. There's a bright spot light on the middle of the room and there's big wooden crates and boxes everywhere. I notice Joseph's small body sitting on top of one of the boxes near the middle of the room. He's got a pillowcase over his head and a growl rumbles in the back of my throat.

Where in the Hell is Kat at?

When I step in further to the room that's when I hear the God awful sound of a skull cracking. I run forward and that's when I see Jason stand and run towards a defenseless Kat that's leaning against one of the beams that's holding the ceiling up. He's going after her and I have to stop him. Using my speed and strength I barge into him and he flies across the room.

I'm so angry right now that all I want to do is rip his throat out. I quickly glance at Kat and that's when I finally see her for the first time since this afternoon. She's bruised all over and there's a trace of blood coming from her mouth. I notice a pool of blood behind her head on the beam. She has a head wound and that's when I know for sure it was the sound of her head hitting it that caused that awful cracking noise.

Kat needs help and she needs it now. If she were to fall asleep with a concussion right now, the results would be bad.

I step towards her and that's when I'm suddenly thrown backwards into a wooden crate. I groan in annoyance. I'm getting really tired of being thrown around by this fucker. I see Jason coming at me and quickly stand. Noticing the blade coming towards me, I quickly duck out of the way and counter his attack.