T W O : M E S M E R I Z E

A/N: Huge appreciated favor, be sure to vote and comment. Also add this story to your reading list if you like it so far ;D

 Also add this story to your reading list if you like it so far ;D

———
T W O : M E S M E R I Z E

He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking—Leo Tolstoy

D A N T E

When I woke up this morning, I had absolutely no idea what was in store for me. I mean, that's how I've lived my entire life. I'm a spontaneous guy what can I say?

I love the thrill of the unknown, the adrenaline of making snap decisions on a whim. You never know if it'll work out or not. If it doesn't, oh well, you take it as a lesson and move on, but if it does, oh if it does, there's nothing more satisfying. Either way I was never afraid of whatever outcome it may be.

Except right now, as I used my demon speed to catch this delerious woman before she busted her head open on the concrete floor of what could only be a small kitchen.

She had fainted, you know like they do in the movies. I couldn't help but laugh at it but also felt a powerful sense of worry for her.

I laughed on the inside because after everything she'd just witnessed moments ago, it didn't faze her, yet as soon as Merlin opened his big mouth - or beak in this instance - she just passed out.

I don't know if it was that alone or maybe she was freaking out over everything else and that was the icing on the cake or what. Either way, I was cradling her in my arms on the kitchen floor and I had absolutely no idea what to do.

"Are you going to put her on the bed or just sit there like a bloody idiot until she comes to?" Merlin asks in the most annoying tone ever as he leans over the edge of the poor excuse of a kitchen table. I swear sometimes, I want to ring his damn neck myself.

Rolling my eyes without him seeing, I slowly tuck my arm under her knees while continuing to support her back and pick her up off the floor. She isn't heavy at all, well not for me at least, you know, demon strength and all.

I carry her across the tiny apartment and gently lay her on the bed. Sweeping away some loose strands of hair off her face, I stand next to the bed, looking down on her in a way I'm sure was pretty creepy. But damn I'm fascinated with her.

She mesmerized me from the first moment our eyes met outside of that animal clinic.

I'd been scooping the place all afternoon, patiently waiting for a time to break in and grab Merlin after everyone had left. I knew he wasn't hurt too bad and his healing powers would go into effect right away. If I'd made it in time this morning to stop that demon bitch from stabbing him, taking him with her to the damn clinic, and taken care of her myself before she made it to this apartment, I wouldn't be in this predicament.