T H I R T E E N : D A R K W O R L D

A/N: So yes, Kat is dead but it had to be done to go to the Dark World. Dont worry, good things come from it. Only question is how Dante is going to handle it?

———
T H I R T E E N : D A R K  W O R L D

Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you; love, prayer, and forgiveness—H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

K A T A R I N A

The last thing I remember before I closed my eyes was entering the needle into my arm and pressing down on the syringe.

Merlin had accompanied me, telling me what I needed. I trusted him to get help when it came time to give me the adrenaline to bring me back. Only thing is if they would wait the seven minutes. If I'm brought back before I can speak to my father, it would be all for nothing.

I know I put Merlin in a bad bind when I begged him to help me. I had this all planned out before I ever went upstairs to sleep and it would've been near impossible to complete with everyone in the house. To my luck, Dante and Jax had left and when I went downstairs, Nadine and Mickey were passed out on the couch.

Dante will be severely pissed off at me but I have to do this. I need the truth and I feel that the only one who can truly give it to me, is my dad.

It's pitch black behind my eyelids and when I open them I'm no longer in the infirmary at Dante's house.

Now I'm sitting in a rocking chair inside a small bedroom with a crib. The wallpaper on the walls is filled with safari wildlife—lions, zebra, giraffes, and elephants. The crib has a crocheted green blanket hanging over the edge and the big bay window is bright from sunlight.

I stand and make my way over to the dresser standing in the corner. There's a picture of a small family. A father, a mother, and their baby girl. I've seen this picture before. It's the same one that was left to me inside my father's treasure box. A picture of us, as a once happy family.

As I touch the picture and smile, I hear a noise coming from downstairs. It sounds like music. Soft rock to be exact. When I step out of the nursery I hear the song clearer and it's one of my favorite songs. Wildflowers by Tom Petty.

You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
Sail away, kill off the hours
You belong somewhere you feel free

Walking down the hallway I notice that the house is clean and decorated. It looks more alive than when I came here the other day. No white linen cloths hanging over everything. No dust on the walls and windowsills. The rooms are bright with natural light, not dark and gloomy.

Run away, find you a lover
Go away somewhere all bright and new
I have seen no other
Who compares with you

When I step off the last step, the living room is homey and inviting. I notice a record player in the corner where the music is playing from. I walk around slowly taking it all in. I hear a noise coming from the kitchen. It sounds like dishes clanking together.

While I make my way slowly, walking into the kitchen, I'm welcomed by a tall man standing at the sink with his back to me. There's a plate of food on the kitchen island. My favorite comfort food, mac 'n' cheese with a grilled cheese sandwich. Anytime growing up and I was sad, I'd make this same dish and it always brought me a sense of peace.

As if the man is expecting me, he turns around and greets me with a big smile. The pictures I have of this man don't do him any justice. He's handsome and the smile on his face is peaceful and welcoming.