N I N E : C O N T R O L

A/N: Smut ahead and get to find out what was inside the box ^-^

Remember to vote and comment <3

———
N I N E : C O N T R O L

And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it—Ronald Dahl

K A T A R I N A

I've been going at my training for over an hour now with my magical instructor that just happens to be Mickey. When we walked into the massive room at the top of the tower, the last person I was expecting to be showing me the ropes was him.

I was then informed that Mickey was actually a warlock himself. Of course I already knew he was related to Dante but I didn't know he was adopted by Nadine's family.

Both of his parents died when he was very young and was left with no one to show him how to contain his powers once he came of age. He was a homeless orphan trying to survive the hectic streets of London when Nadine's father found him many years ago.

He was brought under Merlin's wing, many years before Merlin transformed into his raven form he is now. Merlin didn't have any children of his own so he took well to young Mickey, showing him everything he needed to know. Of course Mickey is a rebel, like myself, so Merlin and the Azazel's have had their hands full with him.

Regardless of his ways, he was still an excellent warlock and I was very happy to learn he was taking me, a nobody, under his wing.

"Amazing job Kat!" he beams while I use the energy within me, to light the candle for the 50th time in the last hour.

Both Dante and Nadine sat in the corner watching me with amusement. Even Jax had eventually made his way here and now sat across the long majestic oak table in front of me with his jaw damn near hitting the floor.

When I first arrived I was able to pick my totem to help harness my energy. I ended up feeling a connection with a black opal stone that in different lights, that let off a sparkled emerald shade that just happened to match my eyes. Because of its shape, I decided to have it put into a gunmetal clasped bracelet that now set perfectly on my left wrist.

Mickey walks over to a set of bookcases and grabs some tapered candles, placing them into the candelabra on the table. He gives me a knowing look as I let out a loud sigh, aggravated with lighting and extinguishing candles.

"I know you're over doing this repeatedly Kat but it's great practice for beginners. It is to get you use to controlling your powers in small doses. We have all the time in the world. Just be patient," he reassures me.

"Fine," I sigh and within seconds all three candles are lit simultaneously.

"Now I want you to extinguish the first and third one and only leave the middle one lit, once you've done that, light all of them again and only extinguish the middle one."

I nod my head and concentrate my energy. It's a surreal feeling when it surge through my body. There's a tingling sensation throughout my chest and arms, all the way to my fingertips.

Lifting my hand in front of me I extinguish the outside candles, leaving the middle one lit. I follow through with lighting the remaining candles and only extinguish the middle one. Mickey smirks and nods in amusement.