13. Little Bro.🦋

Start from the beginning

"What are you saying? We still have time." I told her lazily as I took a look at my cell phone. "Oli, we don't have any class before 10.30, and it's still 10.00 a.m." I told her with a relaxed tone. "Calm down."

"You sleepyhead, did you forget professor Roy changed the time and made it to 10:00 a.m." Rose told me while picking her belongings from the table. Oli shook her head with disbelief.

I jumped up from my seat. "Oh shit!" I gasped. "You are right!" I quickly took my backpack and started to run.

"Hurry up! You guys are so lazy!" I shouted gleefully at them while running.

Rose gasped and Oli just rolled her eyes as they also started to run with me.

We only had two classes that day, so we already finished our classes before lunchtime. We chatted a little while eating our lunch. After we had finished, we headed towards the parking lot.

My car was parked a little far from my friends. So, I bid my good-bye and headed towards my car. That day I really got a bad parking lot. It was back on the far side of the building. My step halted when I found Brant was sitting on that motorbike just beside my car. I cursed myself to reach college late even though I woke up earlier than usual and earned that bad parking spot. I didn't want to talk to him.

Actually I didn't want to see him.

I sighed wearily and walked to my car cautiously. I tried my best to pretend that I didn't see him. I glanced from the corner of my eye to see that he got up from his sitting position.

Shit! He was aware of my presence.

I saw from my peripheral vision that he started to walk towards me with big steps.

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath. I walked swiftly towards the driver's door without saying anything to him.

Brant merely made it in time, desperately holding my car's door before I could shut it close after I got in the car. "Liza, can we talk?" he asked with a pleading tone.

I looked straight at him. "Brant, right now I am in a very bad mood, so don't talk any shit, to make it worse."

He looked back and forth at me as he gulped.

"Liza...I am sorry about last time." I looked sourly at him as I waited patiently.

Silence.

That's all?!

"Are you finished?" I looked at him. He looked unsure. I sighed as I pushed him away with the tip of my finger, very lightly and he let me push him away until his back hit the next car.

Guess, he had nothing else to say.

"Bye, Brant." I closed the door and grimly looked away from him.

I started the engine angrily and threw my car into reverse with full force.

"Liza, watch out!" Brant suddenly shouted. But, it was too late.

Crassshhhh!!!!!

I was startled when I heard a loud crash sound. I gasped and looked back to see that I accidentally smashed with a silver ford in my desperate haste. Lucky for the Ford, only the rear light's glass popped and shattered on the ground.

I held my breath as I quickly got out of my car. The owner of the silver ford also got out of the car. I sighed with relief. It was Mia, my Zoology lab partner.

"Are you alright?" Brant quickly made his way to me and asked me if I was concerned.

"That's none of your damn business." I said to him acidly and walked to the ford with big steps. I could feel Brant's dejected look on his face.