S1 E1 - The Vanishing of Will Byers

Edit (4-29-20): The book gets better as it goes on, just keep that in mind

November 6th, 1983 Hawkins, Indiana:
"Somethings coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It, is almost here." Mike told us. I'm at one of my best friends house, Mike Wheeler. My other friends Dustin and Lucas where here too, along with my twin, Will. We where all playing D&D.

"What is it?" Will asked. Will my twin brother, otherwise known as Will The Wise.

"What if it's the Demogorgon? Oh Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon." Dustin said. Dustin, one of really good friends, or Dustin the Bard.

"It's not the Demogorgon." Lucas told him. Lucas, one of my other really good friends, or Lucas The Ranger.

"I agree with Lucas, it's probably something lame." I said to him. And me, Summer, but, my D&D name is Summer The Mage.

"An army of Troglodytes, charge into the chamber!" Mike said, putting the Troglodyte figure on the board. Oh, and of corse Mike, my best friend, have been since kindergarten when he met Will. He was our Paladin.

"Troglodytes?" Dustin asked.

"Told ya!" Lucas said to him.

"Called it." I said. We all then gave a laugh.

"Wait a minute. Do you hear that? That-that sound, boom, boom, BOOM!" Mike yelled, hitting his hands on the table, startling all of us. "That didn't come from the troglodytes, no, that came from something else. The Demogorgon!" We all groaned.

"Now we're in deep shit!" Dustin yelled.

"Will your actions!" Mike asked.

"I don't know!" He said.

"Fire ball him!" Lucas told him.

"But I'd have to roll a thirteen or higher!" Will complained.

"That's too risky! Cast protection!" Dustin told him.

"Will! Come on! Don't be a pussy! Fireball him!" I told Will.

"Cast protection!" Dustin told him. Mike slammed his hands on the table.

"The Demogorgon is sick of your silly human bickering!" Mike told us. "It steps towards you. BOOM!"

"Fire ball him Will!" Lucas yelled at Will.

"He takes another step! BOOM!"

"Cast protection!" Dustin told him.

"It roars in anger, and-"

"Fireball!" "Protection!" Dustin, Lucas, and I yelled at the same time.

"AND!" Mike yelled.

"Fireball!" Lucas and I yelled.

"Protection!" Dustin yelled at him.

"FIREBALL!" Will yelled as he rolled the dice. He threw the dice too far and they scattered some where on the floor.

"Ah shit! Where'd they go?" I asked as we all stood up to look for them.

"I don't know!" Will said.

"Is it a thirteen?" Dustin asked.

"I don't know!" Will said again.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" Dustin kept repeating.

"Dustin! Stop freaking out and help us look!" I told him. He then started to help us.

"Mike!" I heard someone yell, it must've been his mom. Mike then ran upstairs. We kept looking for the dice.