Moving In: Donnie

You were sitting in your room doing catch up homework since you'd been out of school for a while. You groaned and ran your fingers through your hair. You couldn't think straight with your parents fighting. They had already decided to get a divorce so what was there left to even fight about. You closed your eyes and sighed.

"Why me?" You signed and slammed your hands on your desk. The yelling got louder and louder as they made their way down the hall for some reason it stopped at your room door. You had had enough. You grasped you hair and screamed.

"Shut up!" You screeched and began to cry. There was immediate silence. All of a sudden your room, door burst open causing you to whirl around dropping all of your work.

"What did you say, young lady?!" Your mom asked sounding baffled. You backed up slightly as your dad was giving you the death glare. You decided that respect was out of the question.

"I said shut up, I can't focus on my work with all of this yelling!" You yelled again. Your dad walked over and slapped you very hard in the face. You had always been a daddy's girl. Now this. You looked at him with tears and your eyes. Your parents showed no remorse or guilt.

"You are the worst." You said in a whisper and turned around to leave. You ran out of the room, and out of the apartment. You cried all the way to the sewers.

"Donnie!" You screamed as you walked throughout the sewers. You were too upset to walk so you just fell on your knees. You soon felt a three fingered hand on your shoulder. You put your hand on it.

"Donnie." You said softly and looked up. Your hand covered your welted cheek. Donnie had a look of pained anger on his face. He slowly moved your hand and observed the welt.

"Who did this?" He said quietly.

"My dad, he was mad, and they were yelling...." You began crying again. Donnie consumed you in a hug. He kissed the top of your head.

"Donnie, can I stay here for a while?" You asked and looked up at you.

He stared at you. "No." He said. You looked down and sighed.

"No, You can't stay for a while, you will stay forever." He said with a smile. You looked back up at him and gave him a grateful half smile.

"Thank you Donnie, so much." You said in a shaky voice.

"Anything, for my lovely flower." He replied softly.