Chapter 24: The Onix-pected Bike Race!

Start from the beginning

"We're here

"We're here." Serena said. "Yeah. Sand will do that to people. Especially when it gets everywhere. Even more so when you been sleeping on it for the past week." Light said. "Are you forgetting that we did spend a day training on the upper lower of Route 8 after they deemed it safe?" Serena asked.

"I know. But hey, at least we're no longer sleeping on rough sand, which was hard to get out of my boxers." Light said, wincing slightly, as he and Serena entered the Pokemon Center and handed their teams over to Nurse Joy to get heales.

For the past week, Light and Serena had been training hard. If not on Route 8's upper level, which had been deemed safe six days ago, they also did so on the lower level. They also had been sleeping on the sands, which is why Light made that comment. Also, they had moved slowly due to Light's fractured leg, though he did got carried by Relax at times.

"Anyways, do you think we'll be able to see-?" Serena began to ask before she and Light got surprise hugged by Shauna. "Light, Serena! You two made it!" Shauna exclaimed happily. "Shauna, we only saw them last week." Trevor said, chuckling, as he and Tierno walked up to them.

"I know. But given all that happened the past month, we only see each other when it comes to battles or Contests! The last time we met for an all-town event was on Light's birthday!" Shauna said, tightening her hug. "Shauna, you need to let them breathe." Tierno said, picking Shauna up as she was squirming, trying to get back to hugging Light and Serena, who were sweat-dropping.

"Anyways, glad to see you two again. Just in time to watch the bike race without any excitement." Trevor said, just as Light hung his head. "Trevs, I think you unintentionally hurt Light's feelings." Tierno whispered, pointing at Light. Trevor realized what he just said and started sweating.

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings by making a off-hand comment about your injury, Light. I was just meaning...that you can take the day to relax." Trevor said, confusing everyone. "What do you mean?" Light asked. "I mean, you and Serena had been through a lot in the past month than the three of us. So, think of this as a break. A day to unwind, relax, to not worry about anything." Trevor said.

"You know what? You're right. We have been busy. If not with helping out random people, encountering Team Flare, or even just doing exciting stuff, we're always training day in and day out. So, yeah, I'll take the offer." Light said with a smile, looking up. As he turned around to sort through his backpack and looked at the scenery, Trevor let out a quiet sigh of relief. "Nice save." Tierno whispered to him, just as Light turned back around.

"Anyways, the three of us will sign up! And get this: Grant the Gym Leader is taking part of the race!" Shauna said. "Yeah, though he did also plan the whole thing just to give Trainers a break. Anyone that managed to win the race wins a free all-you-can-eat buffet dinner for five people." Trevor said. "And we all know how much we like buffets." Tierno said, causing them to laugh.

"Anyways, cheer for us." Shauna said as they left to go sign up. "So, what do you want to do?" Light asked. "First of all, I think we should get bikes of our own. And by 'we', I mean I'll get us bikes while you watch the race." Serena said. "But my le-" Light was about to remind her. "I meant for when your leg gets better. I mean, sometimes we're going to need to be fast if we want to head to a new town or city fast. Plus, at least it'll give us a break from walking or running." Serena said.