“What?” I ask, his words caught my surprise. I growled at him—well, my wolf did. If he was talking about what I thought he was talking about then he knew that Gabby and I had nearly mated. He knew about the things my mate and I were about to do. Our intimacy—out. My wolf was furious. “What do you know, Jordan?” I asked staring him down. It was the Alpha in me speaking now.

I see the black in Jordan’s eyes—his wolf obviously feels like I was being threatening. I looked at him in the eye—staring him down even more and watched as he and his wolf cringed then his eyes returning into their shade of brown.

“I don’t know anything. I just overheard Elle and Corey talk about it. Elle’s waiting for you to make the first move or something. That’s all I heard.” He said quickly—too quickly. I felt like I couldn’t believe his words.

“In her exact words.”

Jordan sighed and put a hand through his dark hair. “Look man, I don’t know what went  on with you two but you gotta fix it...fast.” I don’t know why he added fast but as soon as I thought it he answered: “Elle’s going through the heat.”

 Gabrielle’s POV

I couldn’t believe the course of events that had happened since I woke up from my meet with my mother. Saying I was be angry was an understatement but I was more of...needy. Since the night that stupid bitch of a she-wolf eyed my mate I hadn’t been able to look him in the eye straight. My wolf urged me to go up to him and I tried—I mean...I think I did.

“Elle you need to snap out of it. Seriously.” Corrine said wrinkling her nose in disgust.

She and Jordan knew when I was...thinking of Jarred. Why? Because the goddamned wolf spirits thought it would be a laugh to put me through my heat...again. I didn’t exactly think they were punishing me. I mean it only started this morning—I felt like I wanted him—needed him to touch me. It was painful. I decided that locking myself up in my room was the best way to go. I felt bad that I would miss Lacy’s wedding rehearsal but I couldn’t go out there—face him and want him. I wouldn’t be able to stop myself from doing things with him.

And that was what I was afraid of. I didn’t tell Jordan that—that I was afraid of him marking me. That meant that I would never be able to leave. What would happen if I actually needed to leave? What if I needed to do it for his safety? Not to mention the fact that he would feel the pain I felt. God knows that I wasn’t strong enough...not since he’d come into the picture at least.

“I can’t. I miss him.”

Corrine groaned. It had been like this for four hours now. Her telling me to stop thinking about him and me whining like the pathetic she-wolf I was. It made me wonder—I was never my fathers’ daughter. I was always my mothers’ child. See the thing is no matter who our fathers were as wolves we would always inherit the most from our mothers. It meant that even if my mother married someone else and had a child with him—I would still be the outcome. Though slightly different I would bear the same powers, have the same strengths and feel the same weaknesses.