8. Greeted by Death.

Okay so this chapter is intense I guess. I don't know how long it's been since my last upload but I hope you don't skip this! Don't hate for what happens next, i know what I'm doing. I was also wondering...do you have feedback? I feel weird for not being told if its going well or not :/ Anyway, I wanted to share with you all something I wrote titled: My Royal Engagement. I know I'm writing other stuff and I'm in between exams and everything but it would mean alot to me if you could just check it out anyway? Have a little faith maybe? :) 
P.S. Information will be at the end of the chapter as well as it's prologue.  

Don't forget to fan/comment/vote! I hope you like this!

P.S. Chapter Dedicated to {CINDYLOUY} For being one of the first people to add "My Only Love" to their reading list :) Thank's ! 
P.P.S. : Song at the side is Enrique Iglesias' Hero. I thought it would fit Gabby's sad situation...she needs a hero too! Play if it you like :) 
*************************** 

Gabrielle's POV

I couldn’t believe my eyes. My mother’s words echoed throughout the forest. I was pretty sure she was using her ability to get across to all the wolves in the room. She just shifted—of course, not caring whether or not she was naked, using her powers to keep the wind still around us.

She looked very much the same of course. Her dark hair was messy around her head, all frizzy and mussed up making her look fierce and gorgeous at the same time. Her brown eyes were like mine but you could see the insanity in them. Of course she’d be insane—after the thing’s she’d gone through? You’d think twice about messing with her. She had the same, slender body, the same tired look.

 I mind linked her using my powers. It hurt at first—her defences were as strong as mine. She mentally smirked at me.

They are pathetic, aren’t they, Gabrielle? She said, gesturing towards the pack. The pack was oblivious but all the males were on guard whilst the she-females looked...pained.

You’re here to warn me, I assume? I ask emotionless.

She grinned inwardly. I’m no fool to weave myself into your business. I am the woman who birthed you not the woman who loves you.

I know. The part of you who loves is long gone. I looked for her once and look what it got me.  I put my arm out and showed her the scar. It was jagged and all wrong, the way it was fixed looked wrong. It was an ugly mark and the teeth bites were obvious. I thought I saw emotion in her eyes but they disappeared as quickly as I’d seen in. She laughed aloud this time.

“You think that will change anything? That was a punishment! One you obviously deserved!” She cackled.

“Mother, tell me then. Why are you here?” I asked as harshly as I could.

 “I’d like to see how this plays out. Don’t worry. He didn’t send me but he will find out I’ve disobeyed his orders soon enough. Now will you tell me why you are mated when you can’t be mated?” she asked harshly.

It hit a nerve. I could feel my head begin to throb—her words stung. Though I didn’t love my mother anymore her words could still affect me harshly. Because what she said was true. Of course there was more than one reason to why I would allow myself to be with Jarred.

Scratch that.

I didn’t want to be with Jarred. I really didn’t...did I? So why was it my wolf felt the need to protect him and not us. Why was it my first thought in the morning was Jarred’s face in the bar—the look of realization that had hit him when he realized who I was to him—it was beautiful.