14. Mark Me

Before you read please read my rant! I don't have any good excuses except for the fact that my finals are on and one of my family friends passed away. I've been writing but not as much as I could and I'm so sorry! I hope you can forgive me by continuing to vote for this! 

Also! I know I've warned that this DOES have sexual content but I did say this book was PG-13 so I've put the full chapter along with the FULL SEXUAL CONTENT on the 'Restricted' book in the 'My Works' section.

I hope you understand that I just didn't want to offend anyone :)

Vote / Comment / Fan ! x

*********************************************

 14. Mark Me

Jarred’s POV

Since we’d gotten to Ottawa Gabby hadn’t spoken to me. Actually—scratch that. She hadn’t spoken to me since the morning after the night we’d nearly mated. Of course I was worried but I figured I should give her some space. I didn’t want to pressure her and I knew the only reason she’d wanted to mate with me was because of the fact that she was going through the Heat.

“Hey man, snap out of it will you?” Marcus asked. He wore a white dress shirt and black dress pants. It was two nights before the wedding and this was the second wedding rehearsal. The second because Lacy was growing—fast. She-wolves usually had about five months of birth instead of nine for the normal human. It was a surprise to us all that she already had a baby bump. Her dress was apparently ‘body-thin’ meaning she had it made for her before she found out she was pregnant. Why? Well none of us knew—Marcus hadn’t proposed until he found out about the baby so Lacy must have been over prepared. Since the dress had to be altered we had to hold the rehearsals back.

Now here I was, waiting for my whiny sister who seemed to be in her ‘pissed off’ mood all the time. I actually felt sorry for Marcus now—but not enough that I didn’t warn him every once in a while that she was still my little sister—if he made her cry then I would break him.

“Sorry.” I muttered. I wasn’t up for anything these days. Since getting here Gabby’s tried to avoid me at all costs. I would see her smiling or laughing and she’d stop as soon as I got into the room. My wolf was feeling like a train wreck and neither of us felt great when we knew we should give Gabby space.

“You okay?” Jordan suddenly asks as he walks up the altar. He looks pretty smug—It’s because he’d recently proposed to Corrine and she said yes. They were to be married in four months with me as the best man and Gabby as the maid of honour. I’d really hoped I would get married before my Beta. It was nothing of arrogance—not because I was an Alpha. It was because I’d been feeling weak—I needed Gabby. I needed to know that she wanted me in more than words.

That hurt me because like I thought—I knew she needed space.

I nodded. “Tired.” I replied to his question then turned to Marcus. “Your fiancée is taking forever to get ready. It’s a rehearsal right?” He nods. “Then make her hurry. She may be my sister by my patience is running thin today.”

He nods. My Omega leaves and I’m left alone with Jordan. He puts a hand on my shoulder and says: “She’s waiting for you to make the first move.”