21. Heartbeats

You people make me happy :) Oh..also, I won't name any names...someone personal messaged me...who read this and told me how much of a sh!t writer I was and told me that this was the crappiest thing they'd ever read. It brought me down a little...

I don't suck right? :(

But that was mean. If you keep reading this, now you know why I didn't reply. I hope you feel bad cause that made me feel like crap.

Dedication goes to my sister: YourLovelyWriter who turned 16 yesterday! She has neat stories :) Check her out? She's at my external link. 

Oya, haven't proofread so point of mistakes if you'd like! :) x 

Vote, Comment, Fan! :) x

*************************************** 

21. Heartbeat 

Gabrielle's POV

"I understand." I nodded, unfazed by his presence. "Don't leave without your permission, Don't speak to anyone without your permission, Don't leave without a guard and always be with someone else." 

He nods. "I'm not doing this for myself. You're my mate. I just want you safe." he said with a crazed expression.

I wanted to roll my eyes. "I get it. You told me a thousand times."

"A thousand and one." he winked teasingly sending shivers through my body. SeriouslyNo way in hell and I going to flirt with you. Sick.

I let out a forced smile but really, I wanted to puke. He smiled back and I knew I got this in the bag. "Can I go to sleep now? Getting tired isn't really good for me." I said wryly.

His smile widens and I know if I don't get out of here now I'm only going to feel sicker and sicker. "Just repeat to me what I told to you." 

 "Don't leave without your permission, Don't speak to anyone without your permission, Don't leave without a guard and always be with someone else." Basically, do nothing unless it involves him. He gives me a small smile and waves his hand around, gesturing to me that it was fine and that I could now leave. I was alright with it--with being told what to do, for now at least until I formulated a plan that wouldn't get the three of us killed. 

Three.

That's right. My wolf, myself and the pup inside me. 

The best thing was, Jacob was allowing me to keep the child. Granted he thought it was his...he couldn't hold back, obviously. The first night we landed in Colorado was the first night he'd taken me. I knew better than to fight him so he was gentle, as if knowing if he went his own pace with me I would break. I knew for a fact that Jarred felt it...of course he would. If mated couples had sex with another they would feel a burning pain, a fire inside them would consume them until the said cheating mate would stop.  

Of course it made me feel like shit. Jarred was my mate and here I was, practically hurting him just to please this man--my brother. My anger had been building since the night he'd taken me.

Only two days after did he start saying my scent had changed. Apaprently I smelled different now. It was impossible, of course that I would get pregant so fast but Jacob overlooked my mating with Jarred that he didn't even realize that the child, the pup inside my belly was not his. The pup inside my belly belonged to Jarred and always wouldBut Jacob thought it was his. 

 Since he found out I was pregnant, Jacob had been taking care of me. He had done all he could to keep me content and happy--from not drinking to actually being a good Alpha. For the first time since he killed our father my big brother actually seemed like a big brother...except the one thing was he was deluded enough to think I was his mate.