Epilogue

Incredibly short, basically a summary but it has to be this way--this is my way of ensuring a happy ending for Gabby and Jarred :) 

I'd appreciate it if you guys vote one last time for this story!

________________________ 

Epilogue

“You okay?” I ask Gabby, smiling at her. She’s sitting down on the couch with a large smile on her face.

“Perfectly perfect as usual.” She grins. I love that grin. I love the happiness behind that grin. She gasped then and I eyed her weirdly, “She kicked.” She giggled, taking my hand and putting it on her bulging stomach.

My smile widens and I’m sure, turns into a frightening grin before I put my hand on Gabby’s stomach, feeling or baby girl kick. Looking up, I smile to Gabby, grinning at her for being so damned amazing.

“Thought of any names yet?” she asks, smiling.

We got married after a year in a little church in Christown. My whole pack—our whole family attended and it was the most beautiful moment of our life. A couple of months after, we realized something was wrong…Gabrielle wasn’t pregnant yet. It was unnatural, especially when it was so easy for us to make pups the first time around. After seeing a Healer, we realized something was so, so wrong.

The fact that she’d gone through two miscarriages had taken a toll on her body. She was scarred internally. For a while, Gabby stopped talking and only gave me small, cold nods. That is until I snapped her out of it, promising her than I didn’t care about having an heir. My pride didn’t matter as much as she did—I would step down of being Alpha if it meant I could be happy with her—we’d go rouge, I told her. We’d live in the human world and abide by human laws.

She kissed me with all her heart, crying to how sorry she was for being so tainted. It was then that I realized she’d remembered everything. She was always the best actress and finally, after breaking down she told me everything—that once she was told about the two miscarriages she remembered everything.

I hated that. I hated that I couldn’t protect her from the demons in her mind.

Still, Gabby was stronger than ever and wore her scars proud but at night, I could hear her crying to herself—mourning for the children she would never meet. Never have a chance to hold, to love and cherish.

“I have the perfect idea.”

“And what’s that?” she asks, smirking.

The one thing we had and we would never lose was the hope that one day, things would get better. That our little girl wouldn’t go through terrors that we knew were out in the real world. I would protect our little girl from anything and everything.

I smile to my gorgeous mate. Every day of our lives I would do my best to be the perfect husband, mate and father to our child. I would make her happy, promise to never hurt her. I vow to it.

Hope. Her name will be Hope.”