3. Blackouts

Thanks for voting :) I hope you continue to support this story and check out my other ones :) This chapter won't be as...eventful, I guess as the ones to come, but I hope you vote because I already have it, the goal is 3-5 votes till I post the next chapter and I can tell you guys--this one is pretty good :) 

Anyway, vote/fan/comment ! x (Oh and don't forget to check out my other stories e.g. Teenage Dream, The Story of Us) - Hilda

****** 

Three.

What was it with me and those blackouts? I mean I remember blacking out—clearly because the second time I woke up in the large room, my first thought was of Jarred’s rock-hard Greek God body. Damn this boy was mouth watering!

When I sat up, I found out that I wasn’t alone. At the edge of the bed was a really small, lone brown wolf. I touched the wolf’s fur and smiled to myself. I didn’t know who it was but I wasn’t intimidated like I’d usually be. I used my senses to try and hear what was happening downstairs. I was in no way going back down there. No way.

There were pots and pans that seemed to fall everywhere, some grunting, girlish giggling. The laughter, I realized was Corey’s, the grunting should come from the boys. Suddenly, I could smell it—a woodland smell mixed with breakfast…making their way up the stairs.

The first thing I would have done was lock the door but I didn’t because the door HAD no lock. I sat behind the bed, hiding for whoever came—I saw lean legs from where I stood then the legs were bending. I heard sniffing—oh, this would be so embarrassing if I wasn’t shitting myself! I tried to creep back but then hairless wonder popped out.

I immediately hugged her, glad it was Corey and not one of the sexy, perverted weasels…er, wolves, downstairs. “You really have to shower, Elle.”

I smiled. Corey always told me what to do—it was such a motherly instinct. “What happened this time?”

She looked undetermined to tell me what happened. She hated it when I dug into her head so I guess she saw it coming when I lunged my thoughts into hers.

I know you so much better than you think Gabrielle Brandt! Don’t you dare lurk in my head cause no way in hell will you get anything! Oh…bacon…eggs. You know, you should really eat breakfast. Hey, shower won’t you? Then get out of my head…please. You smell like dry dog…no pun intended since wet dogs are healthy dogs…

Damn she wasn’t going to let me get out of this easy. I got tired of listening to her jibber jabber so I gave up and sighed. I saw that she was looking at the wolf and she surprised me by her carrying the wolf to a pillow in the bed before tucking the wolf in. Any human who saw Corey do that would think she was a heavyweight but actually—it was wolf strength.

“Who is it?” I asked.

“Mitchell, he didn’t want to leave you and Jarred thought it was alright but poor baby probably fell asleep.” She said, looking back to the cub.

I remembered Mitchell and everything that happened in the kitchen but I still couldn’t remember what happened in the club. “Corey…what’s going on? Why are we here?”

She bit her lip, obviously having gossip but not wanting to share. She seemed to know my thoughts because she said: “I would tell you if I could but it’s not my story to tell. Jarred will explain everything.”

“I don’t know this guy! Who is he to me? Why should I care what he thinks just because he’s some hot-shot Alpha?” I growled, feeling my wolf advance. I stepped back and put my hand up, urging her to stop at her tracks. “Why did I turn? In the club? Don’t blame it on the alcohol—I drink Absinthe all the time so what the hell is going on?”