4. The Cold Truth

Hey guys! I said that I'd upload after the next votes but I couldn't wait! Plus, I'm still new to this and don't want to press my luck. I really do hope you'd vote for this chapter though as it would mean a ton to me! I think this is a pretty long chapter so I've added some humour to it as well. Anyway, I hope you like it/ fan/vote/comment and keep supporting it! :) 
P.S. Please also check out my other book: How it Started with Abercrombie & Fitch. Description is underneath this chapter! x - Hilda
[Picture of Gabrielle! >>]

**** 

Four

I couldn’t deny that their pantry was stacked—I mean, these were fully grown boys—add the wolfness in and of course they’d be a pack of hungry mutts! I ate more than I’d ever eaten in two days because I always watched my diet—wolves didn’t need to diet but girls did and I didn’t take advantage of my wolf-metabolism so I didn’t eat like a pig.

We were naturally fit—just like vampires (non-existent creatures) or Olympians were. We don’t know why but we couldn’t gain but there was this one weight we’d stay on. I could sense Corrine staring at me as I sat and ate a plate of eggs, sausages, bacons and mushrooms with my bowl of porridge. If anyone came down and told me I was eating like a pig—I had my defence since they said I hadn’t eaten in ages.

I found myself still thinking about Jarred—the feel of his breath, the sound of his thumping heart. I mean, who could deny that he was damn beautiful? I actually had the thought of how he would look without clothes…ugh. I’d never wanted anyone in my life!

What confused me was why the hell I could want him to touch me back when I hated it when boys touched me.

“…said we had to…Wait, are you even listening to me?” Corey asked. Oh, well…seeing as I didn’t hear anything then no.

But I nodded—which was a bad thing seeing as ten seconds later she nodded and had a massive grin on her face. “Great! After you have breakfast, get dressed! Oh, how I love grocery shopping!”

“Wait…what?”

She pouted. “So you weren’t listening to me.” She sighed, she obviously didn’t want to tell me anything. “Knock yourself out,” she muttered and I understood that she meant that I could dig in her mind. She normally didn’t give me permission so she obviously didn’t want to say whatever it was again.

Okay, so you’re reading my mind right? Well I’ll start with the easy stuff: Our house got trashed. Before you freak out and I can see your face, Elle so just listen! Because I’m Jordan’s mate and you’re…well, doesn’t matter but, uh, we have to stay here so we can be protected. I already agreed and we have to because they’ll be able to protect you and me and I promise everything will be okay!

I didn’t know what to say—I didn’t know if I was upset or if something inside me opened up. I think my words came out as a sort of whisper, I could feel the wolf inside me want to come out and run, far, far away.

“Please say something, Gabrielle.”

What could I say? That if it was possible for me to shit myself and die on the spot then it would happen? I could feel my hear twist with guilt—this wasn’t Corey’s fault. I turned…they smelled me. They found me. I couldn’t push away the fact that I hated it…the fact that I couldn’t save my only friend. They’d all die because of me.

“It’s okay.” I managed to choke out. I stood up, far away from the breakfast that I no longer wanted and swallowed. “As your Alpha I release you from my pack and you are now able to join others.”