One Year Later (Happy First Birthday, ILWTE!)

So-! Today is...

The 30th July, 2019! 

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUT YESTERDAY. BUT LET'S PRETEND I DIDN'T PUBLISH IT LATE, SO TODAY IS THE 29th, AND ONE YEAR AGO IT WAS...

The 29th July, 2018! And that's the day the first chapter of this book was published :3

So happy first birthday, In Love With The Enemy! :3

So, take a special chapter: One year later (from the end of ILWTE)

Enjoy chirren :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rain was getting thicker by the minute, and Error was finding it hard to see his teammates now. Or hear them over the howling wind and deafening thunder. But was summer really an easier time to break the law? Error thought not, it was too hot and too bright. At least the rain gave them a better chance of escape when it was this thick in the winter.

Cross was next to him, knife drawn, glaring at something in the distance. 

A cop.

"Do they ever learn?!" Dust called over the rain.

"Clearly they don't remember what we did to them last year!" Nightmare smirked, watching the figures come closer, "Cause I'm totally up for doing that again!"

"I'm not!" CC shouted, appearing next to Nightmare. He was wearing a black blindfold over his eyes, tied up at the back of his head.

"No one else wants to relive that." Fresh said from the other side of Error.

"Uh, I can't hear you guys, the rain's too loud!" CC shouted, waving his arms around. Cross grabbed it and pulled him over to him. CC had learnt to use his hearing to get around, but mostly he used something that he just called 'a sixth sense' that he couldn't describe.

"Are we fighting or running?" Killer shouted, but his voice was lost in a loud clap of thunder, so Horror (who was next to Killer) shouted the question again.

Error narrowed his eyes, looking at the figures coming closer. "Nah, they're not worth it. LET'S GO, BOYS!" He turned and sprinted down the slippery alley, the others following.

Fresh quickly caught up with Error, as he was probably the fastest runner there. "I'll race ya back!"

"Yeah, no!" Error called back, but sped up as his brother did.

**

"Ha! I beat you." Error laughed as his brother skidded to a stop just after Error at the front door of the mansion.

"You pushed me into a wall! Twice!" Fresh huffed, slapping his brother jokingly.

The others started arriving at the door. Cross and Killer seemed to be deep in conversation about something, at the back of the crowd, waving knives at each other.

Error unlocked the door, and the soaking wet skeletons (and one human child) walked through it. One they were all in and the door was closed, someone shrieked.

"LOOK AT THE FLOOR!" Blue shouted, running towards them.

They looked down. They'd left wet footprints all over the floor.

"Take your shoes off!" Blue commanded.

They all did so, and Horror kicked his shoes off so violently that one hit Blue in the head.

"Hey!" Dust growled, turning to Blue.

"Oh, sorry, did I hurt him? Is he crippled now?" Horror mocked.