The Eldest's Concern

Yujin and Wonyoung ran up the stairs and slammed the door closed. They looked at each other and bursted into a fit of laughter.

Pounding could be heard on the door when the combination code did not work. The dorm— besides the two maknaes— lay untouched. Their fits of laughter settled. Eleven other girls disappeared from the door and grumbled away.

A couple hours earlier, the girls arrived home in Korea. On their drive home, the majority of the girls fell asleep. As the mischievous duo stayed awake, they concocted the brilliant idea to draw on everyone's faces.

The two youngest believed it to be a brilliant idea before the beautiful idols morphed into an eleven headed beast. Now they were stuck in the dorm with no dexterity to cook. The alternative would be allowing the pack of hyenas to devour them.

On the other side of the door, one girl paced around dorm one after realizing that the permanent marker would not wash off.

"Are you Okay?" Yena asked.

"I'm pacing." Minjung responded.

"I can see that."

"Usually when someone is pacing it means they're not fine."

"What are you planning?" Yena asked.

"Either a way to get rid of this marker or a way to kill Annyeongz."

"Sometime two heads are better than one." Yena suggested.

"Yes, but not when one of them's yours."

Minjoo, who was in the kitchen washing her face, bursted into her cute laughter. "I haven't heard you sass anyone in a while."

"How can I? I'm too busy taking care of unappreciative kids. One of them is Yena." Minjung pointed. "Actually I wouldn't associate myself with a duck."

"You have the mind of a child." Yena groaned.

"Yet I'm still more intelligent than you."

"Yena we all know to leave Jung alone when she's pissed. You'll just end up with a broken self-esteem." Chaewon announced.

"Yeah but her sass is hot." Hyewon claimed as she walked out with a towel around her head. Minjung and the older girl locked eyes with each other. The blood in the younger's face rushed into her cheeks along with her ears.

"If we weren't collectively mad at the maknaes. I would pull you two apart." Eunbi sighed.

"Unnie, why are you so against us being a couple?" Minjung asked.

"What if one day it doesn't work out? Then you guys would be living in the same dorm and someone will get hurt. Eventually we would have to pick sides causing all of us to drift apart. Is that really worth dating in the same group? But even if it's a mutual break up, the dynamic between the two of you would become awkward and strain the rest of our friendships.

"Look I'm all for relationships but I don't want to see anyone hurt. Especially after we've become a family. It's gonna be a double whammy at the end. Possible broken hearts. And then you guys becoming friends again, will mend the broken heart. The April 29 will come and dump a load of the pain.

"I've been through disbandment before. And it feels like someone plunged his or her hand into my chest and punctured holes in my heart at the same time another person has closed off my airway. My legs crumble and my face aches. And I'm left with the darkness of being alone.

"I hated that feeling." Eunbi cried. The girls in the room raced to hug the eldest.

     "We believe you. What would you like us to do?" Hitomi and Nako chimed.