Produce 101

It was the first time in a long time that Minjung went to the grocery store. She went with Eunbi, Yujin, Hyewon, and Yena. The five of them wheeled a large cart and filled it.

      Yena filled up the cart with different types of 12 different types of candy. Yujin went to the meat section and grabbed beef, fish and pork, 4 packs of three steaks. 10 plates of Bulgogi, 4 plates of pork cheek, and 2 boxes of six salmon to barbecue. Hyewon bought a bunch of different instant foods. 5 boxes of Shin Ramen, 5 boxes of Jajamgmyeon, Eunbi placed fruits and vegetables into the cart, 12 carrots, 12 potatoes, 7 tomatoes, 3 bunch of green onion. 2 white onions, 5 heads of lettuce, 3 red bell peppers, 5 apples, 5 orenjis, 3 boxes of strawberries, and 2 bags of grapes.

     Minjung kept track of all the items and tallied them up. 101. Her jaw dropped towards the ground. She couldn't believe the amount of items that four people bought. She froze thinking about the rest of the girls coming to buy groceries.

     She took 6 bags of candy from Yena and put them back. 95 items. She reduced the plates of Bulgogi by half. 90 items. They still had 2 Shin Ramen boxes at home. Minjung put all the Shin Ramen boxes back. 85 Items. She returned 4 boxes of jajangmyeon. 81. Minjung halved both carrots and potatoes— they were the gigantic ones too. 69items. She got rid of the tomatoes too. 60. She put back a plate of pork cheek. a bunch of green onion and 2 heads of lettuce. 56 items. She took another 3 types of candy from Yena. 53 items.

     The price was now, much more reasonable. Minjung saw a couple of fans and bowed to them. "Welcome to Produce 101. We are down to 53 contestants after the first elimination round." Minjung joked.

"I hate you." Hyewon chimed.

"We have 2 packs of Ramen at home! Finish those first! We don't have the space for jajangmyeon boxes either." Minjung defended.

"And the Bulgogi and Pork Cheek?" Yujin asked.

"10 plates is a lot. You even bought steak and salmon for everyone. Pork cheek is way to fatty why do you need 5 plates and another 10 plates of Bulgogi? Take 5 or leave them all."

"The candy?" Yena questioned.

"Each bag has like a hundred pieces. You're not going to share like half of those and I'm not letting you eat 1200 piece of candy on your own. I also left the candies that you will share."

"Okay but why the vegetables?"

"The potatoes are huge! Even if we ate baked potato it would only be half. Unless you're making stew then you can cut it into fours. Same thing for the carrots. And we don't eat tomatoes. Tomatoes are fruits by the way. The lettuce heads are going to be chopped for salad isn't it? None of us eat healthy anyways so why get so many heads of lettuce? You're lucky I didn't take away your precious orenjies."

Eunbi deadpanned Minjung and cursed to herself. That orenji thing is never going to leave me. And does it have to come from the person who dyed their hair like I did during Ye-A? She thought glaring. She immediately removed the oranges from the cart. 48.

"Hey now we are at Produce 48!" Minjung cheered.

"You're never buying groceries again." They all agreed.

"Yeah not when you pick 101 items to buy every time."