Something Good

Minjung's eyes opened from the light shining through the window. She reached over to her phone and checked the time. 1:37pm. She fluttered her eyes closed before snapping them open again. She sat straight up feeling pain engulf her forehead. She placed her right palm above her eyebrows before the youngest of the dorm ran in.

     "Unnie! You're awake! Are you alright?" Yujin asked. Minjung stared at the tallest and blinked several times. I must've hit my head really hard. The older thought. "Did you have a good rest?"

     "Yujin?" Minjung called.

     "Yes Unnie?"

     "Why... didn't anyone wake me up?" Minjung wearily asked.

     "Oh we just wanted you to sleep in. Is your forehead okay?"

"Yeah?"

"You don't seem so sure."

"What are you doing?" Minjung narrowed her eyes.

"I'm waking you up like every other day."

"Ok..." Minjung responded. She flung the comforter off of herself and walked to the restroom. Yujin jumped from the bottom bunk and followed the older girl. "Don't follow me Yujin that's just weird."

     The koala trudged into the restroom to find Hyewon. "Good morning babe. How did you sleep?" She asked moving her head closer to Minjung's.

     "Morning Breathe." Minjung muttered.

     "Here I'll brush your teeth. Sit on the counter."

     "Love, I'm a grown ass woman. I can brush my own teeth." Minjung laughed.

     "You can barely roll out of bed without tripping." Hyewon deadpanned.

     "It's called being tired."

     "Whatever. Just sit down." Hyewon commanded. The older girl held the younger's jaw and used to bristles to clean Minjung's teeth. Her hold was gentle and made Minjung blink to stay awake. "Okay spit! Rinse. Okay now face me."

     As Minjung turned around, Nako held a silver platter in her left hand and a silver prong in her other hand. Nako retrieved the rolled up towel on the platter as it released steam and passed it to Hyewon. "When di-" Minjung started before Hyewon rubbed Minjung's face with the towel.

     Minjung's face stung afterwards but she felt more awake. "Sorry babe." Hyewon smiled kissing Minjung's forehead.

     Chaeyeon popped her head into the door and announced that breakfast was ready.

     On the table, there was Chaewon's cabbage soup, Eunbi's juicy bulgogi with rice, Yuri's rolled omelettes, Minjoo's eggs Benedict, Hitomi's miso soup, Wonyoung's baked tofu, Sakura's  small onigiri, Yena's store bought sui mai, and Chaeyeon's special kimchi fried rice.

     "Wow! Do you guys think that'll be enough for 13?"

     "It's all for you." Chaeyeon smiled. Minjung turned her head towards Hyewon. She only smiled and motioned for the younger to eat.

     "Did you just... turn down food? What's going on?"

     "Yah just eat." Eunbi spoke. She pulled a seat next to Minjung and began to feed the younger. Minjung chewed happily.

     But something perplexed her, what Are they doing? Had they broken something of mine? Minjung thought. After the giant breakfast, Minjung decided to go run it off. Before she opened her closet, Hitomi pushed her to the bathroom.