Chapter 39~ Broken.

Avalon's P.O.V

It feels like my soul died.

I'm barely even happy anymore, I've been loosing sleep and crying most nights. Beverly let me stay with her but I chose to sleep in the guest room just so I wouldn't keep her up all night with my sobs.

I left behind Stormy, he's probably worrying where I'm at right now. I missed him.

I know he will be cuddled with me right now, trying to make me feel better

I didn't think I would've been able to go to school today but I managed to gather enough courage.

Avoid him.

My mind raced when I found out Aiden was doing drugs. A huge secret that i waant able to handle.

He lied to me; he told me he didn't do them and would never.

I didn't think he was the type of person to do that but I was wrong.

So wrong.

Thankfully I have Beverly by my side as we walked through the school hallways together.

I'm glad that me and Aiden didn't get out much because a lot of people would've been staring.

Some people are oblivious in high school.

Beverly was trying to figure out this love triangle that she was still stuck in between the two guys. Apparently River and her have been texting a lot, he shows her a lot of attention and always shower her with affection.

Hunter doesn't so much so she stopped looking for interest in him.

I was starting to think maybe River is the perfect guy for my best friend. He was sweet, caring, charming, and funny. All things Beverly looked for in a guy.

"Are you sure you can make it to class alone?" Beverly asks as we reach my locker.

I nod my head with a force smile, "yes."

Beverly and River has really been hitting it off lately.

I'm truly happy for her even if my face doesn't show it.

She gives me a quick hug before walking down my hallway.

One thing I know for sure was bothering my mind was my mother. I haven't seen her in weeks and I'm not ever going back to that house if Tyler is there.

I always wanted to pick up the phone to call but my fingers couldn't even find the strength to dial her freaking number.

I scoff. I'm not even supposed to miss my mother but I can help it. I'm starting to think something's bad happened to her but I try not to think about that.

*♡*♡*

"It took me a while before I realize how much your addicted to milkshakes," River comments as he pops a fry into his mouth.

I'm so glad to have him back around.

"Me too," I say and sip my chocolate milkshake.

"I've come to terms that, those are something you can't live without," Beverly says and chews on her apple slices.

I wonder if she's come to terms that she's addicted to apples.

I found myself staring at the table Aiden was sitting at with Hunter. He was facing me but his eyes weren't on me. His face was serious and I could see the dark bags under his eyes.

I've noticed that his hair is messier and he's wearing black hoodies and joggers. He's barely coming to class anymore.

Suddenly, his green eyes meet mine and I felt frozen. I tried searching his face for anything but it's kinda hard when he's like ten tables away from you.

I broke eye contact and looked away. Nervously biting my bottom lip. His eyes were still on me and I tried so hard not to look at him.

A tear sprung my eye and soon enough, I found myself getting up and walking out the cafeteria into the hallway.

My back was against the locker as I slide down with my head in my knees. I ran my fingers through my hair and felt a tear leave my eyes.

I hate that he makes me feel this way.

I'm in love with him and I hate to admit it. I wasn't supposed to fall in love with him but it's hard not to when he's incredibly protective over you. He flirts a lot and he always makes me feel comfortable in my skin.

"Your adorable when you blush."

"You look beautiful today."

Those affectionate words are trapped inside my mind and I can't even erase them. It's like my mind wants me to feel miserable.

I was depressed, my heart hurt whenever I think about him. I've never been in love before and it sucks.

"Avalon," his voice was very familiar. I didn't want it to be him but it was.

I looked up at him. His hoodie was over his head and his eyes red and puffy.

"We need to talk," he mumbles.

"I don't wanna talk to you," I scoff and burry my head back in my knees.

"Please," he begs.

Why? I was so desperate to talk to him but I needed time alone even if I didn't want to be. I felt my body getting weak and me getting short of breaths at times.

I guess that's the symptoms of heartbreak.

We aren't dating but I can't help but feel as if our relationship we had was strong.

I looked up and he was kneeled down in front of me. His eyes were filled with so much sadness it hurt me even more.

"What do you have to say to me Aiden?" I question.

He sighs before looking down. I know I was being stubborn but I didn't want to see him even if it killed me when I didn't.

"Would you please stop acting like this Avalon?" He begs.

I stand up and run my fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry Aiden but I can't. I'm hurting way to much to face you right now," and with that, I walked away.

*♡*♡*

I've never really experience a heartbreak before so I'm sorry if this chapter was sucky and boring. I tried looking some up on the internet but that didn't help.

I just now realize that I haven't put my Instagram in the author notes so follow me on Instagram @_jaciiinta_

Vote, comment, share. Love you.

~J🖤