Chapter 8~ Mum.

Avalon's P.O.V

I've never had so much fun in my life!

It was almost midnight when Aiden decided to drop me back at home. My hands were filled with a giant teddy bear, three bags of cotton candy, and a small unicorn. Aiden had successfully won all of this for me when I failed miserably.

"You didn't have to give all of this?" I say as I sit the stuff down on my bed.

He stands in my doorway as if he's afraid to walk in.

"You were struggling so much and you wanted the teddy bear," he chuckles as he finally walks in taking a look around my room. I was embarrassed, I had pictures hung on the wall that I thought no one would ever see.

Gladly, Aiden didn't bring up any of those and I felt great.

"Hey!" I pout, "I told you to never bring that up." I cross my arms.

After me attempting coin toss a million times I managed to give up and Aiden tried which he succeeded only on the first time. I wanted to smack him so bad for being good at everything.

"I couldn't help it. You looked so adorable when your aggravated," he chuckles.

I roll my eyes and smirk. Attempting to mess with him a bit, "and you were being such a gentleman when you gave me all those sweet things."

Aiden hated when I called him a gentleman and I have no idea why, but it was true. He really is and he knows it. His eyes darkened, a sly smirk tugging at his lips.

"What did you just call me?" He asks, his voice low and husky, daring me.

Very sexy...

"Gen-tle-man. Want me to spell it out," I say and before I knew it he was on top of me. His arms on either side so his body wouldn't crush me.

His body was warm against mine, I bite my bottom lip nervously clearly not thinking this through.

Good thinking Avalon!

"If you knew what I was thinking about doing to you, I don't think you would call me one," he smirked as his green eyes meet mine.

I immediately knew what he was talking about. What I should've done was scrunch my face up and push him off of me but I didn't. If you ask me, I find it incredibly sexy.

Why? May you ask. I have no idea

My hands cupped his face as I stared intently into his green eyes, gold flecks flickering.

"What were thinking about?" I smirked biting my bottom lip again.

Is this me talking?

He chuckles. His breath fanning on my lips.

"You shouldn't know butter cup... it's best if I keep my dirty thoughts to myself," he says lowly.

"Avalon, I was just-" I heard moms voice.

I shut my eyes tightly as Aiden jumped off of me clearing his throat awkwardly. He scratched the back of his neck and looked down.

My mom raised an eyebrow, "maybe you should dismiss your company. I need to talk to you."

She glances at Aiden and her eyes travel up and down his body in a disgusting manner. Clearly, she didn't like this boy.

I smile at her before she walks out.

Oh Lord.

*♡*♡*

"Is he your boyfriend?" My mom asks as she paces back and forth in the kitchen. I'm currently standing, my arms crossed.

"No," I answer.

"Then why was on you like that?" She questions.

My mom was protective... and strict. She simply didn't like boys ever since my father left. She didn't want to see me heartbroken so she lectures me all the time about who I should and shouldn't be with, focus on my school work, stop worrying about boys.

Honestly it was killing me. I barely had a social life because of her. I constantly stayed at home.

"I don't know mom," I sigh and ran my fingers through my hair.

"He isn't good for you," she mumbles.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"Look at the he dresses. The way he looks. Those are the guys you need to stay far away from, if you develop any feelings towards them they will instantly break your heart," she says.

She was speaking about her and dad now without be direct. My dad was the popular guy back in high school and when they met, it was like instant sparks.

He took her everywhere she wanted to go, he was rich, had a nice family, and spoiled her any chance he got.

One night they were stupidly fooling around and ended up doing the... business.

After that, he never talked to her as if they never met. It took mom a while before she realized she was pregnant with me. Even though my dad denied me so many times the DNA tests don't lie.

And after she had me, she lost all contact with him. That's why my mom doesn't like guys after she told me that story many times.

She feels as if I'm gonna make the same mistake she did, well, I'm way more responsible and I know how to handle myself.

"I like being friends with him," I state and she looks at me.

"Friends could turn into something more and sooner or later, your popping out a baby!" She screams and runs a frustrated hand through her dark hair.

"I'm not you, mother! I know what to do if I'm ever in a situation like that. I won't be irresponsible like you and dad were," I spit before stomping up the stairs.

I slam my door shut and sigh.

My life is so complicated.

*♡*♡*

Okay I think it's best if I take my ass to bed now since it's like twelve at night.

I need rest and I don't wanna pull another all-nighter.

Thank you for the reads! It means a lot to me and continue on. Your feedback keeps me updating.

Please vote, comment, and share. I would love to hear feedback from you.

Love you.

~J🖤