Chapter Fourty Seven

Hey everyone! I hope you like this so far, I changed the book cover credits to Pellerz who is currently writing an awesome book which is an Ian Nelson fan fic- really funny too.

<><><><><><><><><><>>><><>

-Skylar

I woke up earlier than usual trying to get some time with my parents. They were never around, most of my childhood was filled with baby sitters, some of whom pinched my cheeks- which got annoying. I recall my mother telling a story of when I was about four or five; My mom had packed some, sliced, fresh strawberries. She had specifically told me to share with the rest of the kids (that the babysitter also took care of). I was genuinely glad to share, because I felt that they were family. I never had any siblings so I had personally adopted some of them, even the baby. The innocent infant who stayed trapped in its crib all day long. The baby was usually quite until disturbed by hunger, or whatever babies get disturbed by. I got the bin of strawberries out of my Dora the Explorer backpack (as the cool kids would wear in my days), and offered them to my fellow "peers". I saw the poor little baby who practically didn't have control over his hands or at least not enough to eat a strawberry. I walked over to the crib and watched, the kid looked up at me. I pulled out a strawberry from the bin and tried to put it in his mouth as I was a "very considerate" child. One of the other children had gone to the babysitter telling her of the spectacle. In return the women ran to the infant's side and pulled the strawberry out of its mouth. To this day I'm glad I didn't hurt that kid, whoever it was.

I walked down the stairs and went into the kitchen. We had a lot of frozen food considering how much time my parents were out. Most of the time I left the house I made sure my parents were at work and that by he time I came back they wouldn't be here yet. I made sure I always knew their schedule and had my phone on vibrate, just in case.

I took out the frozen waffles and put them in the toaster, pressing the button for it to start. As the waffles popped up I heard my parents shuffling in their room. I started eating my waffles, as they proceeded down the stairs in unison. They hadn't always been like that; they used to fight- never physically, but verbally was enough. I would hide in my closet and cover my ears. The closet became my safe ground, until I felt as if I was drowning.

They ate their breakfast which consisted of coffee, bread, coffee and more coffee on the go. They barely acknowledged me until they kissed y cheek before leaving. I didn't bother talking much, because what would I say? That I would be running away soon? Cassandra had told me they would understand, but I knew they wouldn't. Maybe she could foresee the future, but I still doubted her.

-----

"But seriously you two are so adorable!" Kira squealed on the other end of the line.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't think Derek likes the idea of being called 'adorable'..." I said with a sarcastic edge to my voice.

Kira laughed and then asked, "So you have this all planned out, right? Do you need help with anything?"

I thought for a moment, I had planned to hang out at the loft with the whole crew"-as I secretly called them. "Actually I have everything set, but we could go shopping?"

___

"Werewolf fox pups. Doesn't get more legit that that." I lowered an eyebrow, smirking at Kira.

"Skylar something is really wrong with you."

"Ehh." I shrugged as we exited the mall, beverage in hand.

Getting into my car we both put on our sunglasses and drove off. There wasn't much sunlight outside but we never cared enough to notice.

___

"You've never played truth or dare?

Stiles asked.

"Nope."

"What about at sixth grade parties?"

I shrugged, "I don't remember anything from when I was twelve. My parents told me I was in a coma." I paused moment and thought, "And I was shy sixth grader."

"Really?" Stiles baffled in astonishment, "THE Skylar Luna, shy? Since when?"

I smiled at Stiles' childish behavior and shrugged, "Probably since before I came here."

"Oh. Cause of me right?" Stiles wiggled his eyebrows.

I laughed, "Sure, Stiles."

"See that, she likes me." Stiles winked at Derek, who sat comfortably on the seat next to me.

"Skylar, truth or dare?" Scott asked, a mischievous smile tugging at his lips.

"Hmm..." I teased giving Scott a nonchalant look even if secretely I was nervous, "Dare." Stiles clasped his hands laughing meniacly.