Chapter Thirty Eight

I have to say I am very impressed

--- Skylar's Pov ---

She looked at me with those green eyes of hers. They weren't a soft beautiful green like Derek's-no - her eyes were an intense green, as if she could look deeply into your eyes and automatically know all your secrets. "You have to leave Becaon Hills," She kept repeating as if I didn't hear her the first time.

"I already told you I'm not going to."

I sighed already tired of this conversation. I couldn't leave Beacon Hills, I just.. couldn't.

"You must."

"Cassandra you haven't even explained why. Why must I leave Beacon Hills and why are you telling me I should?"

She appeared hesitant to speak but she did so anyways, "If you don't leave bad things will happen." She said this in such a serious tone I became curious to what she meant.

I furrowed my eyebrows confused as to what she meant. "What bad things exactly? what's your definition of 'bad'?"

She stared at me intently and softly spoke, "Death."

"Death? How is someone going to die if I don't leave? Who is going to die?" I thought this over and went silent and then I finally told her what I was thinking, "Am I going to kill someone here?"

"Just trust me. If you don't leave Derek will die and so will you."

"No. I can protect him, I will."

"You have to listen to me. You don't know what your power can do. You're advancing quickly, but you don't have control."

"But you can teach me."

"Not if you are in danger."

I shook my head indecisive if I should answer.

"You have a few more days but after that you must leave." Cassandra informed.

"When can I come back?"

"When the hit list is shut down."

"What hit list? And how will I know when it's shut down?"

"Don't worry you'll find out. It's your gift that will save you."

"When I was cornered by the berserker was that my gift?"

Cassandra laughed at me and then smirked, "Oh honey, there's so much more to come."

I wanted to ask more questions and to get answers but I couldn't, for some reason I couldn't even open my mouth. After a few seconds of hesitation, I tried to relax.

That's when everything dissolved and I opened my eyes to see Derek asleep. My legs were propped on his lap as I layed down on the couch. He was sitting upright leaning into the couch, I lightly took away my legs from his lap and onto the floor. I carefully tried not to make any noise as I got up. I took a moment to just stand infront of him and see that he was actually back. He seemed so peaceful asleep it was as if we could all be normal, even though that was close to impossible.

I turned around and memories of last night resurfaced. Derek and I fought to sleep on the couch even though he insisted I should take the bed. In the end I guess we just both fell asleep on the couch. I turned towards the bed and took one of the blankets walking back to Derek. I was suprised he was still asleep, when I used to stay here, he'd be up early. As I took the blanket and placed it on him I could hear how fast his heartbeat was racing, as mine was racing aswell. Just the feeling of being close to him made me feel this type of weirdness. I stepped back and went into the bathroom brushing my teeth. When I was done I left the water running as I opened the door slightly seeing as Derek opened his eyes and smiled.

"I knew you weren't asleep!" I accused after I closed the tap and got out of the bathroom.

"Hmm?" Derek mumbled trying to keep up with the act.

"You are such a bad actor. You know that, right?

"Acting?" He asked trying to hide the smile forming on his lips. I stared at him ready for him to just admit it. But the more I stared, the more I noticed. His ruffled hair, the tight shirt, the way he looked at me, his eyes. I shook my head waking up from my daze.

"Whatever loser." I stuck my tongue out at him acting completely childish.

I called my parents telling them I would go home in an hour. They thought I was staying with Lydia, which worked out for me. Then I heard Cassandra's voice once more.

Guess the good girl has gone bad.