Chapter Five

I hadn't spoken to my parents very much, after they had told me the news. Maybe I was overreacting, but all in all I didn't care. Moving was the last thing I ever wanted. The thought of leaving Ian and Danielle broke my heart. They were my bestfriends after all.

        I was in my room stalling, pretending to be packing. I had already finished packing an hour ago, I just didn't feel like giving my parents a reason to leave.

    I had never even heard of a place called Beacon Hills. What was a Beacon anyways? I looked it up, acording to dictionary.com it was a 'giuding or warning signal' that can't be good.

     Weird predictions ran through my mind like heards of wild cattle. I didn't know anything about Beacon Hills. Visions of horror films crossed my mind.

    Then visions of Old movies crossed my mind. What if the so called 'Beacon Hills' was like the old west. I was definitely not going to actually learn how to herd cattle. Never.

     New thoughts began filling my mind. Somehow I had to figure out a way to get out of this mess, there was a spark of hope that my parents were going to change their mind. But that never happened,  and all my hope was devoured by a monstrous black hole.

      I heard a tapping on my window, at first I thought it was my imagination playing tricks on me, and then I heard it again. I got up from my desk chair and placed my bare feet on the carpeted floor.

I walked towards my window and opened it checking what had made the tapping noise.

       "Uh.. can I get.. a hand." A struggled voice asked. Ian, of course. He was hanging on the ledge of my window.  I helped him up through my window and into my room.

      "You know sometimes I don't understand you. Why didn't you just go through the front door?"

    "Well, that wouldn't have been fun."

    I rolled my eyes at his weird behavior.

Ian stretched out his arms asking for a hug. I embraced him and let his scent fill my nostrils. Ian was one of those guys that smelled good, yes that's what girls noticed in guys.

       "Skylar, come on we're leaving!" My mom's voice came from outside. She used my hearing as an advantage, too.

I didn't think Ian would have heard it, but he  seemed like he did.

      "Okay well I better go." I sad saddely, avoiding eye contact.

      "Remember to skype me and call me everyday. And text me too. Okay?"

     "Okay." I responded still avoiding his crystal clear blue eyes.

     "Its alright, Sky." He said and then lifted up my face so I didn't have a choice but to look into his eyes. And then he kissed me. On the cheek.

                               ---

    "Welcome to Beacon Hills." My mom exhaled, she seemed to be exhausted. Since we decided to move practically from one day to another my mom had been packing everything. She mad sure all the family photos,  albums, clothes, dressers, shelves,  books, etc. were all inside the moving truck. 

      Since California was so far away we decided to go in plane. It was much faster and less tiring.

      Once I got to Beacon Hills I realised the difference in climate to Wisconsin right away. It was so much more sunnier here. The weather would be called nice in someone else's eyes but for myself I didn't like it. I like days when I could wear sweaters and not feel like I'm sweating. As some might say I liked 'sweater weather'.