Chapter Ten

I stood up rubbing my shoulders, as the pain resided. "What the heck was that for?"

    I didn't really feel angry at him, I had trained with my parents many times. They taught to never get angry and just now I realised why. When you get angry your heartbeat increases and you shift.

    Derek didn't answer he began to charge at me. My instincts began to kick in. I jumped and flipped right over him, and before any of us could turn around I back-kicked him. He slammed into the wall,  my adrenaline was pumping and I didn't stop there. I stood right on top of him and held his hands down.

     He looked at me suprised. "Okay."

    "Umm. Okay?"

   "So you can get off me now." Derek kept staring at me.

   I practically had just noticed I was on top of him still pinning him down. "That's what she said!" I laughed,  I could seriously crack myself up.

    Although Derek didn't find this quite amusing. "Really, how old are you? Five?"

     "Damn someone woke up on the wrong side of bed." I mumbled under my breath.

    I didn't account for his supernatural hearing. So obviously he heard me, because he looked up at me.

     "Sorry." I felt guilty with the way he looked at me. I didn't really know what to say, I couldn't even look away from his eyes.

    "No, its okay. I just.. I'm-" I didn't let him finish and I instead cut him off.

     "You don't have to say it. I get it. I know. Your mom." I gave him a small reassuring smile, someone else might have given him sympathy but I didn't.

     "Okay." He said and sat down on the one of the very few pieces of furniture in the room. I didn't know if he wanted me to sit next to him or something,  so I just sat down on the spiral staircase.

    There was a silence creeping in. Even though I didn't really know Derek the silence wasn't awkward. It just seemed  comfortable and gave us time to think.

     "Okay, well I need to see you in your wolf form. For all I know you could be an Alpha or something." Derek seemed to be joking about me being an Alpha because I think he'd be abke to sense that. Before I came to the loft Stiles had given me the 411 on Derek.

   "Okay its just that I doubt it. But then again.. I did beat your ass." I smiled at the thought.

      Derek's mouth began to curve upwards, "That's only because I let you. You caught me off gaurd."

      "Suprising your oponent is a part of being a good fighter." I informed him.

    "So where did you learn how to fight? Or who taught you?" Obviously he didn't want to talk about how I just kicked his werewolf behind and probably bruised his ego.

   "My dad, he said it would come in handy and that I should learn how to use my advantages."

      "Oh so thats what you called them. Okay well is there anything that might cause you anger?"

   "Not really."

        "Are you sure?" Derek raised an eyebrow.

       "Is this a challenge?" Now I raised an eyebrow.

        "If you want it to be."

      "Sure. But you're going to have to do more than throw me at a wall." I challenged him nonchalantly.

    "Challenge Accepted."