Chapter Fourty

I knew I had to leave Beacon Hills, but I couldn't help but wish I didn't have to. I knew I would miss everyone. Maybe I just didn't believe Cassandra or I was too focused on having Derek back that I couldn't make a decision. How would I even leave? What would I say? I plopped down on my bed feeling hopeless. Where would I go? What am I going to do?

I abruptly stood up pain taking over, my head was aching. I went into the bathroom, splashing water on my face. The pain was slowly subsiding, I dried off. I stood up looking at ny reflection. As I looked closer, someone was behind me. I turned around seeing there was no one there, "What the hell?"

When I looked back to the mirror the image had dissapeared. I must be going crazy. A thought came to mind, was that Cassandra? How can I contact her? I remember the times I could talk to her, sometimes in dreams or when I was in a coma. I did talk to her, but only when her prescence was in my mind. How could I dream, but remain awake?

What was the difference in being awake and sleeping? One of the differences was your heart rate.

I walked over to my bed and sat down cross legged. I breathed in and exhaled for a few minutes trying to meditate. After a couple minutes I could finally slow down my heartbeat enough to almost fall asleep.

"Cassandra?"

"Oh so you have learned. Advancing quickly I see. What's the rush?"

Yes it worked! I'm a pro I should get some Buddhist award or something, maybe a statue? But I can't compete with that guy.. damnit.. Okay now I need to focus

"I need to figure out something. If I leave how do I know Derek will be safe?"

"I'll just show you."

I began to see an image forming in my head, I was relieved that no head aches were present. Derek and I were at the loft, my laptop infront of us. Aparently, Lydia had found some type of hit list and we had logged onto it. My name was at the top of the list with a number next to it, Fourty.

I looked to Derek with a sad expression. He grabbed my hand telling me he'd protect me. We heard a banging on the door and we immediately stood up. The door was opened and ten men came rushing through with guns. Derek had pushed me behind them, but it was no use. The scene fast forward and then I was looking at the lifeless body of Derek Hale. One of the men had a gun to my head as tears poured down my face continuesly.

I heard the man's voice, "We only came for you, he was just in our way." I heard the gun shot and the darkness consumed the image.

I heard Cassandra once more, "Tell your parents you need to go to Los Angeles to pursue your dream. Ian is staying with his aunt for a few weeks, he would help you. Your parents will understand."

"Okay. How much time do I have?"

"One week exact."

I opened my eyes and realised I had been crying. I wiped my tear stained cheeks and took a deep breath. I don't have a choice, leaving Beacon Hills is now on the top of my agenda.

I observed the clothes in my closet trying to pick something nice yet casual. After awhile I decided on a chevron patterned light brown and black shirt with a black skirt. I changed and tucked in my shirt pulling it out a bit. I wore a necklace and black combat boots as accesories. After putting on some matte pink lipstick I was off to starbucks. I needed a frapaccino, ironically it calmed my nerves.

---

I arrived at the loft and as I was about to knock I became very self conscious. I couldn't do this, I looked around and felt hopless. All my insecurities hit me like a freight train. I tried to calm myself down and knocked on the steel door. Derek opened and I walked inside. I looked around to see that the only source of light in the room came from the windows. Although it was night the moon light could still illuminate the room just enough to see. There was a table in the center of the room, two wine glasses, a bottle of champagne, and two plates, placed neatly on top.

I turned around to face Derek who was dressed in a black dress shirt and biege tie, with beige dress pants. "Is this okay?" He asked softly.

I just smiled in response. I walked over to the table and sat down, Derek doing the same.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

(A/N)

#Dylar

Does anyone know when season five of TW will come out?