Chapter Twenty Nine

I sat under the same oak tree, simply reading, during my free period. Most students were simply on their phones at this time. I just kept reading trying to somehow escape the reality that this world comes to an end. But then the book ended and reality hit me. Afterwards I heard the voice again.

The Loft.

Hurry.

Kate.

La Iglesia.

The Loft.

Hurry.

Kate.

La Iglesia.

This time I wasn't going to ignore it, because I knew someone could die. And that someone could be Derek. But I don't understand why the voice was telling me about some church or Kate. I shook my thoughts away, and ran to the loft not bothering to tell the school's office.

I opened the door rushing inside. I found Derek holding his shirt in his hand. I ran up, quickly hugging him.

"Skylar? Whats wrong?" I just stood there smiling like a maniac because he was okay.

"Sorry." I looked down, and then realised he might think I was staring at his abs. Even if I technically was.

Focus. The voice told me.

"I just- heard the..nevermind it doesn't matter since you're okay." I didn't want to say that I was hearing voices or at least not untill I figured out what was going on.

"Okay," He pulled a leaf out of my hair and raised an eyebrow, "Were you in the woods?"

I smiled, "Short cut. And I'll be right back." I walked up the spiral staircase entering the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror trying to get the leaves out of my hair, untill I heard a loud noise.

Then I heard a man speak in a thick spanish accent, "So where's the shewolf?" There were more men on the room acompanying him.

"You might as well kill me, because I'm never telling you where Skylar is."

At this, I walked towards the first stairs retreating downwards. I looked towards Derek who gave me the 'wait' look. I bit down on my lip, if they kill Derek I will tear them to pieces.

"Skylar? Who the heck is Skylar?" The man responded, I noticed he was armed.

Once I heard this I ran down the staircase and stood next to Derek. We heard a clang as if metal hit the floor. Smoke began to engulf the room, consuming everyone. Derek and I got down as the men started shooting everywhere.

I could just barely see some sort of creature, whatever it was, it was fast.

The armed men began to fall like dominos, being hit by whomever else had entered. There was a shadow like creature heading towards me in my peripheral vision. My instincts kicked in and as the creature came into focus I stepped back leaving a foot infront of me. The creature tripped to the ground and quickly got up.

A gun fired and it was as if everything was in slow motion. I saw the bullet going towards Derek and I jumped up quickly infront of him. I winced as the pain spread throughout my ribs. I looked towards Derek who was in a daze. There was another fire and Derek was shot.

He fell to the ground waking up from whatever trance he was in. "This is real. You're real." Derek spoke, shocked.

I stood close to him never keeping my eyes off of the women, who had appeared to be a fast moving shadow. I began to take in her features finding her very familiar.

"If you think this is a suprise, watch this." The women began to shift, her skin becoming blue with dark patterns on the side, her eyes turned to a bright green, her teeth became long points and claws erupted from her finger tips. Then I fell into a deep darkness

---

I began falling back to consciousness. Remembering the terrible truth of what had just happened. Derek was gone and I just wish I could have done something. I hate wolfsbane.

The stupid poison was still running through my viens, but I couldn't care less about my own injuries. Derek was taken by Kate Argent and I needed to find him. Its been about a year since her funeral, and now it turns out she's still alive, I guess that's life.

I stood up wincing at the pain that coursed through my ribs spreading out a burning sensation. Every step I took caused ruptures of pain to ripple through, but I ignored it and stayed atent to the task at hand, finding him. None of the men were at the loft anymore.

I got into my car and just sat there trying to pull myself together. I needed to stop thinking of how that witch could be torchering him. I began trembling, panicking, every minute I got worse.

I looked to the side starring at Derek's black camaro. My eyes stung but they stayed dry. I honestly didn't know what to do. I was panicking too much, I couldn't find the time to think. I began taking in deep breaths. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

"It'll all be okay, I'll find him," I kept telling myself. After another set of deep breaths, I managed to get out of the parking lot and head towards the road.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

(A/N)

Long Chapter yay! Hah so happy for this chapter get ready for the next ♡ Did this for all of you love you all haha.