Chapter Fourty Six

-Skylar-

I sat there completely still, practically a statue. I didn't dare move, I remained sitting on Derek's lap with a sad expression plastered on my face. I couldn't cry. I wouldn't let myself look weaker infront of anyone, not anymore. I was leaving Beacon Hills and I was going to come back a different person.

Once I stepped foot in L.A the old Skylar would be gone. But as of right now, I needed to enjoy every minute I had left. And it might sound like I was depressed, even though in a way I might be, I couldn't help but feel that for once in my life I somehow fit in. Even if being a werewolf was part of the whole reason I did, I loved the feeling.

Before I came to Beacon Hills it was just me and Ian, ocasionally Danielle would join, but that's as far as it came. I was different, the type of different that was always very much appreciated.

I acted as if I never cared, because the less you cared, the less you got hurt. And maybe that's the whole reason why. Because here I am, feeling pain over leaving my friends behind. When I was accepted into the pack I had dropped the "I couldn't care less" facade; when I should have kept it. If I hadn't dropped it maybe the pain would have been more bareable.

But then there was the other side. If I had kept the facade then I wouldn't have met all these imaginative, weird, misfits. And that would have been worse, sometimes avoiding the pain isn't the best you can do for yourself.

We sat there for a few minutes completely silent, but it was a comfortable silence. I took in every detail, breathing in slowly, trying to grasp the moment and hold it in my mind. I turned my head to the side, looking at Derek to see the smallest sign of emotion in his eyes. I rapidly kissed him, wrapping my legs around his abdomen, pulling him closer, I leaned into him. He quickly reacted moving his mouth against mine. I took my mouth away from his, and parted my lips caressing his ear.

"Skylar," He murmed breathlessly. Just to hear him say my name like that made my heart race more than it already was. I brought my lips back to his, but this time I kissed him without any hint of a rush. Bringing my hands up to his face, feeling the stuble underneath, I turned my head to the side, deepening the kiss. We pulled apart and I took the time to catch my breath; my heart wouldn't stop pounding through my chest, at an insane rate.

I realized we had been sitting on the floor so I stood up and turned towards the windows. I couldn't look at Derek, because after the spark of confidence was over I was left with all my insecurities. I lowered my gaze from my reflection in the mirror. Derek came over, putting his arms around my waist, "Sky are you alright?"

I hated to admit it but my feelings for Derek were too strong. "I just realized something."

I he gave me a light squeezed telling me to go on, "But I can't tell you."

"Why?" His voice was soft hiding the curiosity beneath.

I actually thought of saying: Because I think I might love you, but I'm not sure. And I think I'll die if I tell you. But instead I responded with, "Because I'm not sure yet. I'm not sure about what I just realized and I don't want to scare you."

"And how would you ever scare me?" He asked, the smirk being heard in his voice.

I smiled a little, turning around and walking over to the couch in the center. I tried focusing on moving it if only a centimeter, but it didn't work. I sat down on the floor and tried to regulate my breathing as I crossed my legs.

Don't concentrate on the objects but on your strongest emotions.

Cassandra spoke in my mind and I almost answered out loud, but remembered I wasn't speaking to her in person- which probably wasn't possible.

"What are the strongest emotions I have?" I asked, she probably new me more than I knew myself.

You have Derek. He's your strongest emotion. Although lonliness is a close second. Anger third.

I felt her presence leave but tried to contact her again. But she was obviously gone, for now.

I woke up from my trance-like state and realized Derek had kneeled in front of me trying to get me to respond. "Sky?"

"Hmm?" I looked up at him suddenly feeling slightly tired.

"You wouldn't respond for ten minutes." He stated.

"Did I scare you?" I asked my voice in a teasing tone.

"No," He responded the corner of his lips twitching up.

I stood up just as he was, but stayed facing the same direction as the piece if furniture. I didn't hold up a hand or move, like in the movies, all I did was focus on all the memories I had with him. From the time when I first came to this place, to what had just happened a few moments ago. I then looked to the couch and then towards the place where I wanted it to go, which was only a few centimeters away. At first the couch wouldn't move, but then it began to slowly, slide against the wooden floor.

Then it stopped meeting its destination and leaving me with a headache. I turned around facing Derek, "Cassandra will be training me, promptly."

"Are you okay? Does it take too much energy for you to do this?" Derek asked concearned, then cautiously stepping towards me.

"I'm just .. a little dizzy." I said as I touched my hand to my head whilst sitting on the sofa.

It'll

Get

Easier

Once

We

Commence

Training.