Chapter Thirty Seven

--- Derek's Pov ---

I sat at the edge of the Alpha- Scott's bed. I tried to remember what happened between Skylar and I, did we ever date? Are we? How did I even lose my memory in the first place? I had so many questions, yet no answers. How did I know to trust them? I felt that I could trust Skylar but there just was so many gaps in my mind. So many loose ends needing to be tied

I was startled when Kate showed up at the doorway, "Hey handsome." I looked at her suprised, I hadn't seen her for some time.

---

The next thing I knew I was climbing out of the window, Kate told me she would help me. I hesitated, Skylar told me to stay. I got out of the window but immediately regretted it, Skylar would hate me for this. "What's wrong?" Kate asked as she jumped out of the window.

"This just.. doesn't feel right. Skylar told me to stay."

"Look we just go to the vault and you can go back to your little girlfriend over there okay?" She said unamused.

"She's not my girlfriend. Whatever, let's just go."

---

We arrived at the school when I had another moment of regret. Then Kate kissed me and I had a feeling of confidence, she just wanted the triskellion; then I could go back. Although it didn't feel right I felt as though I did not have a choice. At one point I did love Kate, I just had to do this. I stood infront of the school's banner as Kate spoke, "Your family built the vault under a school?"

In which I answered, "Vault was here first."

---

I heard Scott howl in pain and I ran out of the vault not caring for what Kate commanded I tell her, Scott was in trouble. I ran out to see that some monstrous, gruesome, creatures had attacked them. Scott, and two girls were laying down on the floor, helpless. I fought the creatures and I began feeling a change. I kept fighting even though I was knocked down a few times. Memories emerged from the depths of my thoughts, the blurr was soon beginning to fade. We heard another growl, this time coming from someone yards away, probably Kate. I turned around remembering everything, the voice that I spoke with was now different much deeper. The sad thing was, that now I remembered what happened with my family.

The Hale house fire, Kate was responsible. I faced Scott, Kira and Malia realising my eyes had changed. Then I heard Skylar, she was in trouble. I needed to find her. I ran to where the sound was comming from, letting my instincts kick in. A berserker cornered her, she saw me and something must have happened right then and there. Skylar became aware of the power she withheld. And she used it like no one would have thought.

-- -- -- --

Skylar's Pov

As I saw Derek I was relieved. I had been so scared that I wouldn't find him. Now I could clearly see him and I wasn't afraid anymore, this was possible. I wasn't weak or hopless, I was different and I had to learn to embrace it. I felt this form of courage and confidence, I felt power. An unfamiliar coldness formed around my eyes and I put my hand infront of the berserker meaning to push it away, I didn't even have to touch it for it to be thrown off into the air.

"What the hell?" I muttered as I saw the berserker get up and run away. Derek came into view and I quickly closed the gap between us and hugged him. I felt his arms wrapped around me and pull me tight. I had a feeling of euphoria, I could finally breathe. We pulled apart and I put my hand up to his cheek, "You're back."

"I was always here. Just not the same, as I didn't come back the same either." He closed his eyes and when he opened them I found out what he meant. His eyes were yellow.

"We'll figure this out," I sighed.

"Skylar! Oh god Skylar I swear if you die on me I'll resurect you and kill you myself." Stiles yelled at me.

I ran up to him and gave him a hug, "I'm sorry. I had to find Derek. You know, I just...had to."

"Well next time take my baseball bat."

He said with a boyish smile.

"Stiles I have claws and glowing eyes.." I trailed off.

"Not for you, for me. I'm comming with."

I smiled, "Stiles you my friend, are a new level of weird."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

What's the ship name for Derek and Skylar?? Serek or Dylar, or huna (hale & luna) ?? Comment pwease . Sorry I just need some feedback on this ...it'll help me sleep at night...