21.

A/N: Hey guys, sorry to bother but be prepared; this is a bit of a mature chapter. This is just a fair warning so that nobody gets caught off guard hey. But, your next chapter awaits. Goodluck.

Chapter 21
Nikolai King

I sat in line at the drive thru, waiting impatiently for it to get a move on. There were a few cars in front of me and now there were about ten other cars caging me in between the gate and the huge ass menu board. I could see the guy at the front of the line with a mini van full of children. He was ordering for the last ten minutes and I was getting annoyed.

I checked my watch and I noticed that it has been twenty minutes since I got here and about half an hour since I left Amelia's house. I was about to switch the engine off when my phone rang. Slowly, I began to panic as I slid my phone out of my pocket and saw Amelia's face lighting up the screen. I didn't hesitate to answer.

"Are you okay?" I asked in panic, and I could hear her trying to gasp for air.

"Where..are you?" She whispered into the phone and my blood ran cold as I heard someone banging on something in the background.

"I'm still in the line, but it doesn't matter. I'm on my way. What's going on?" I asked and she whimpered. "Amelia!" I yelled as I put the car in reverse and blared my hooter.

"I took a shower and I heard someone come in and I thought it was you but then I realised i locked the door and that my parents are at work and you don't have a key and wouldn't be able to get in and I am locked in the bathroom and think its Hunter. He is trying to get in. He might break down the door. I'm scared." She said crying, I could hear it in her voice. "Please help me. Please." She begged and I felt my hair rise and my heart drop.

At first, the cars behind me wouldn't move, but when I honked again and revved the car, they knew I meant business. I didn't care if I smashed the car on my way but I would get out of here and get to Amelia one way or another. I reversed slowly and the cars began honking at one another and the drivers began swearing and shouting.

But I needed to get out.

Slowly, but surely, the cars began reversing, but it wasn't fast enough.

"Amelia, whatever you do, don't open that door. I will be there shortly. Stay with me." I said into the phone as my car slowly moved backwards.

I wasn't thinking straight, and although I later realised that I would've been able to get out of there sooner if I had moved forward and gotten the lesser cars out of the way, my brain was in panic mode in the moment.

I heard a crash through the phone and then I heard Amelia scream.

The line went dead.

And my brain went into overdrive. I didn't care what happened and I reversed back, pushing the car behind me out of the way before turning and riding over the sidewalk, scraping the metal of my car against the metal fencing on my way through and ignoring the honks and shouting from the drivers behind me. I sped down the street, back to Amelia's house and I pulled up there in record time.

The front door was standing wide open and I ran in, my blood boiling, and my heart racing. And I prayed to God that Amelia was okay. Before I could go any further than the foyer, Amelia came down the stairs carrying her duffel bag. Her face was ghostly pale and she had tears streaking her face but she smiled at me. Her hands were shaking uncontrollably. I rushed past her and up the stairs, checking her room for any signs of the bastard.