19.

Chapter 19
Amelia Cunningham

The mayor had decided to host a town fair.

There would be food.

Music.

Games.

Rides.

It would be one gigantic carnival.

And I was excited.

Not just because this would be my first time attending something like this, but because it was my and Nikolai's first date.

And my stomach was in knots.

I was waiting outside on the porch for Nikolai to come and pick me up. The sun was beginning to set and the air was starting to chill and I had changed my outfit three times out of sheer nervousness. I had finally settled on a dark grey jersey, blue boyfriend jeans that were rolled up at the ankles and a pair of Van's. My hair was braided in to two fish plaits that hung down over my shoulders and I had put on a bit of lip gloss and mascara.

I kept looking down the street until I saw Nikolai's car rounding the corner and my stomach twisted as my nerves kicked in full swing. My heart was racing as he came to a stop in the street and hooted. He shot me a smile through the open window before hopping out and coming around to open the door for me. I stared at him with wide eyes.

He looked good.

He was wearing dark washed jeans with a pair of Van's, a black, long sleeved shirt and a black jacket. His jeans sat snug against his body, and his shirt hugged his form in all the right places. My face flushed red when he saw me checking him out and then he winked at me.

I closed the door quickly before rushing towards the car.

And then I knocked my face into Nikolai's elbow as I slipped in to the car the same time he turned around at the sound of my mom's voice calling him from the doorway.

I groaned as he spun back around and bent down, his eyes wide.

"Shit, sorry, are you okay?" He asked in concern and I laughed, while holding my mouth.

"Its okay, it doesn't hurt that bad." I reassured him, my voice muffled by my own hand and he cocked an eyebrow.

"Then let me see it." He said and I let out a huff before removing my hands. He immediately starting laughing and my eye twitched.

"Why..are..you..laughing?" I asked through clenched teeth and he pointed to my lip. My eyes widened and I immediately looked into the rearview mirror just as my mom reached the car.

My top lip was swollen.

"Oh my God, Amelia. It looks like a bee stung you in the mouth. What happened, honey?!" She exclaimed and I shot her a look.

"Momma, you called Nikolai and then his elbow knocked me in the my face." I muttered before pouting and sitting back. "Now my face is all messed up." I grumbled and Nikolai's laughter began to die out. He wiped his tears before looking at me apologetically.

"Sorry, Amelia. It was a bit funny, but don't worry, the swelling should go down in an hour or two." He said before reaching out and touching it softly. "I'll buy you some ice cream when we get there. It should help the swelling go down." He said, shooting me a smile.

"See? Problem solved!" My mom said suddenly, clapping her hands and shooting me a grin. "Anyways, your dad called to tell me to tell Nikolai to look after you and have you home before the sun comes out." She said, looking between me and Nikolai and my jaw dropped.