18.

Chapter 18
Hunter

"Your father is here to see you, get the fuck up."

I glanced up to see the police officer glaring at me as he opened the cell and waited for me to move.

He didn't make any small talk, just cuffed me to the point that the metal cut into my skin, and harshly led me towards the interrogation room. We came to a stop outside the door, and he loosened my hands before shoving me in.

I glared back at him as I rubbed my now burning wrists.

"Honey, are you okay?"

My eyes widened as my mom pulled me in for a hug and kissed my cheeks. The shock quickly turned to confusion at her gentleness.

Everyone treated me like the scum of the earth and here was my mom, not looking me any differently than she did before.

"I'm good, ma, don't worry about it." I smiled back and she sighed in relief before I felt someone cling to my leg.

I glanced down and a huge smile broke out on my face when I saw her huge blue eyes looking up at me, that toothless grin of hers melting my heart and breaking it at the same time. I crouched down and she bolted right into my arms, hugging me tightly.

If shit went wrong, I could possibly never see her again.

"Hey, Daisy. You okay?" I asked and she pulled back and grinned at me again.

"Good now that you're here." She said with an adorable lisp. Her brows furrowed and she looked at me through her lashes. "Why you here though, did you do something bad?" She enquired innocently and I felt my heart tug.

"Daisy, that's enough. Go with your mom, okay? Your brother must be exhausted."

My eyes snapped up at my dad's voice and I noticed him standing there for the first time. His eyes were locked on mine and I could tell that he was angry.

No, he was fuming.

"Bye, brother bear." Daisy called as my mom practically dragged her out of the room.

I forced a smile for her that faded the moment she disappeared behind the closed door.

I turned back to my dad and he walked over to the table and sat down. I followed, and sat down across from him.

He leaned back and crossed his arms, glaring at me.

"Explain." Is all he said, and I stared at him with wide eyes, my heart racing.

"Dad, she's lying-"

"Bullshit!" He snapped, his hands coming down on the table.

I flinched, and then he leaned over, his eyes now level with mine.

"That's exactly what you said last time, Hunter. You said Amelia was lying." His voice was low, and his teeth was clenched. "And yet, Hunter, there is concrete evidence of you trying to rape a crying, screaming girl who was obviously begging you to stop. Not just that, but you confessed to having gang raped her a few years back. Do you realise just how messed up this is? And how colossally fucked you are?" He asked me before sitting back in his seat and letting out a sarcastic laugh.

He ran his hands over his face before he looked at me with a bitter smile.

"Hunter, I believed you when you said she was lying. I believed each and every word you said and I made that case disappear so that you would have a better future." He said, another bout of bitter laughter escaping him. "I trusted you, my son, and now, as it turns out, you were the biggest liar of them all." He said quietly before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.