Chapter 14

-

+BROKEN+

"Memories Are Crumbling Like Dead Petals."

-

-

-{Jimin}-

Millions of stars gathered and formed an unbreakable bond that secured them all safely together that night. It was like they had all called for one another to protect each other from the ever lasting calamities of this world, I would say they remind me of us humans, but in reality they are the complete opposite of how we treat each other. Selfish, careless, desirous, and countless more. A small bright star was what caught my attention, sitting alone in its little world, isolated from the rest of his own. I wondered how many people could relate to that star at that moment.

I got a phone call from Jungkook that day, and I didn't expect anything good. He told me our parents had invited us to a family dinner in which he had accepted and told me to look suitable for the occasion. I agreed to it of course.

The day had gone by rather quick, Jungkook and I were seated at our booked restaurant seat waiting for our families to arrive, without a glance spared to one another. A few minutes later we were greeted by the adoring hugs of our loved ones and their sweet words that never failed to make my heart feel most at ease. We ordered our meal and ate happily, but the real pleasure was food. Laid on the long oak table is an amount of food that on any other day would be expected to last several more. I crave the sensation of fullness and the richness year round that I haven't felt in a long time.

Once there was no more trace of food spotted on the white wooden table, my parents cleared their throat and the words that were to be uttered next created a painful knot in my throat and my stomach tightened with a sort of distort.

"Jimin, Jungkook, both our families have came to a sensible idea," my father started, and with every word said my teeth tighten on my lips and the taste of metal fills my mouth. I spared a glance at Jungkook, and unlike me he remained calm with no signs of nervousness on his face. "With Jungkooks parents we decided maybe, you should get a divorce."

My eyes widened with tears threatening to slip down, and to my disbelief, Jungkook forcefully stood out of his seat and shouted a broken, "WHAT!" which set all eyes on us. Mr Jeon attempted to calm the unplanned situation with a nervous chuckle and a hand on his angered sons arm. "Please sit, son." And with that he did.

"The reason behind this is that, our company is falling apart and you two arent contributing in order to solve this issue, which further brings us to this solution; you and Jimin will get a divorce and be married to two beautiful young ladies that we have already chosen, picked from the highest of status of course. If you have any better ideas, please come forward and protes-" Before he could finish his last word, Jungkook fumed with anger and sat up once again, his chair falling beside his feet.

"Fuck all of you." He grabbed Jimins small trembling hands softly, intertwining their fingers together and running out while ignoring their parents calls. "Jungkook," Jimin uttered through broken sobs.

"Shut up, ignore whatever they said," he stopped and helped Jimin to his car and him also. Once the doors shut he turned to Jimins bloodshot eyes while cupping his cheeks and caressing his wet cheeks. "Stop crying, nothing will happen I promise I won't let that happen. Fuck their company, it's their life not ours, okay? It's all going to be alright I swear."

Jimin found peace in his words and soon calmed himself, smiling softly at his lover. Jungkook released a long sigh and pulled the smaller man tightly into his arm, resting his chin on the boys shoulder while blinking back the tears.

An hour passed as they reached home. Jimin was already deep in sleep, and Jungkook carefully wrapped his arms around him and entered their shared room. He gently placed the older in it, and soon joined the sleeping boy as he stared lovingly at him. He hated himself, everything.

-

- Ray.