Epilogue

Oli turns on the TV in this car, claiming it's gonna be background noise.

What we see instead is a news report that chills us to the core.

"...and still no word on the whereabouts of the eleven prominent YouTubers who disappeared last May. Anyone with information is advised to call the authorities..."

"Last May..." Eva's voice is a strangled cry.

"How long were we gone?" I ask, shaking slightly.

"Three months," Joey murmurs.

Tears fill my eyes.

"My parents...my brother...they must be worried sick...we can't stay here! We...we...we have to go home!" I sob, I can't be here.

We keep watching and 12 faces flash across the screen. They probably think we were kidnapped or something. How are we supposed to tell them the truth?

The pictures of Joey, Eva, and Oli and I look almost nothing like is now. Eva's eyes are too bright. Oli's face is too smooth. Joey's hair is still its natural brown. My face looks so young, innocent, happy.

But the pictures of everyone else...

A sea of dead smiles are thrown at us, and pain hits me like a thousand freight trains smashing into my chest and I crash into Joey.
Fortunately, it's at this point that Anna lets herself into our room.

"Come on. Let's get you home."

————

To the public,

The official story, according to the Society Against Evil, is that me and the others were kidnapped by a sadistic murderer named Arthur F.. He locked them in his manor, drugged us, tortured us, and killed everyone one by one in a variety of horrible ways. He would've killed us all had the Society not brought down his evil for good, rescuing the last four survivors in the process.

They even have the bodies to "prove their story." I low-key wonder how they managed to recover corpses from a mansion locked in time, but I'm not gonna ask.

In the station, as the reunion starts, Eva runs to her family and so does oli, enveloping his brother in a hug, so does Joey.

The silence is broken by one David Dobrik who screams and practically tackles me in a hug. He's the only one that came, I cry into his shoulder and he's crying too.

"And the others?" asks a small voice from the back of the room. I look up and I'm sobbing.
The words "I'm sorry" escape my chapped lips, and I turn away from the heartbroken families. Who are screaming in agony for there fallen kids, their children sadistically murdered, I'm sorry, im sorry.

——-
I'm sick of funerals, there's so many, I threw up at Justine's, considering they're putting her in a coffin, the way she died, I grip, David's shirt harder.

"Hey y/n?" I hear a soft voice say. I look up from Dobriks chest to see Matpat. He smiles at me softly and I feel comforted. David excuses himself and goes to see Liza his girlfriend.

"Hey, Matt." I wipe my tears. May envelops me in a hug. I hug him back tightly, we only collabed a couple times but he's a good guy.  We talk for a bit before he has to go, his wife's pregnant and they're expecting, he then leaves. I can't do this anymore.

Foolish one. After all this time, you still do not understand. This is only the beginning. You never truly escape the night.

You never truly escape the night...

A/n- That's the end of the book, thank you so much for everyone to read it, I know it took me like seven years to finish but I am so proud of my work, thank you once again because this book would be nothing without you guys,

goodbye....