The Ungodly Machine Part 2

(HEAVILY Edited)

While everyone else scouts around the library looking for the books they need, i'm in the parlor with Joey, scouting around in case the demon went and left something in there. To be honest, I'm still a wee bit wary of Joey. I know Shane said the house did it, and I believe him. But i feel bad to say it was Joey's fault. So I decide to look behind Joey as he searches the lil' tables and stuff. Aha there's a book!

"I found one!" I yell out.

"Great lets go"

"That's gotta be it" She says as she sits there.
As I pick up the book in question.

"What's on the side?" Lele asks.

"Wait, hold on! It has a number on it!" Oli yells in excitement. Matt finds whatever it is they need to find in sixty seconds flat.

"So I'm not sure if I was supposed to open this cabinet, but there is a symbol here on the chest" He confesses, standing next to a clearly already-opened cabinet. He points at the locked chest inside the cabinet and yep, he's right, that's the same freakin' symbol all right.

"And there's a lock with a symbol on it" I pony to chest.

"lets find more books then." I announce.

"There's one!" And the hustler has found one.

"Wait, I have one!" Eva screams running in.

"Guys, I found a book as well." Oli contributes.
The group spends the next forty seconds gathering up the books that all have that same Society Against Evil symbol on them and putting them all together on the table. Once that's done, i can't help but notice that the arrows on each book point in different directions. Not only that, but each has a different number, one has a 6, another a 5, another a 3, another a 4, and the last one has an 8.

"Wait. Maybe it has something to do with this?" Joey points at the container that still holds that horrid hand. He counts up all of the dials on the side of the container. I was just gonna say that.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight...There's five here. We need three more." He tells.

"Hold on, I've got one more." Tim says placing it on the table. Tim then holds up a book and it not a lie and it's the one with the 7 on it.

"Okay! We need book one and two!" Matt tells the group. Oli left the room momentarily to go look for books, comes running back in with, you guessed it another one.

"I found the other book!"

Andrea leaves to probably look for the last one that we haven't found yet. So far, this has gone okay nothing truly terrible has happened since Shane died. Joey notices and gives me words of encouragement.

"I found it! I found it!" Andrea come running in. Cheers of excitement come through.

"Where?" Sierra asks.

"It was in the clock." She yells.

Joey was comforting me and i felt great he was hugging me and i was feeling better but then Andrea yelled. So we head back in too see what's up with all and to what comes next.

"Look, they all have different arrows. And the box has dials...I think these books are telling us where these dials have to be." Eva suggests.

"You're right" Lele agrees with her.

"You've got to be." Sierra says. So we gets to work turning each of the dial every which way as Oli reads off the direction each arrow is pointing in. After about a minute of this torture not knowing if it will work, the last dial jolts into place, and the candle things around the hand light up. Everyone else starts cheering, only for their cheers to be cut short by some creepy demon whisper. And flickering lights. Of course they would fudging flicker.